Android users have the privilege of choosing a browser that caters to all of their requirements and installing it directly on their device, all thanks to the Google Play Store. A good browser not only strives to offer the best browsing experience but also pays heed to several other aspects that users generally look for.
Privacy, customizability, support for extensions, user interface, fast and secure surfing, and reliable operation are some of the features that users look for in a browser. There are many web browsers available on the Google Play Store that offer modern and advanced features to users. In this article, we will be listing the best browsers for your Android device that come with an extensive range of features and guarantee exceptional performance.
20 Best Browsers for Android
Here is a list of the top 20 browsers for Android devices that you can download straight away from the Google Play Store:
1. Google Chrome
Google Chrome is one of the most popular browsers for Android. It comes as the default browser on all Android devices. The best feature of Google Chrome is that it can sync your browsing data between different devices seamlessly. You can have a desktop-like experience of Chrome in your Android by enabling the option “Desktop Site”.
Chrome also provides Incognito mode, where you can search for things that you don’t want to be highlighted in your search history. Plus you can switch the tabs by just swiping right or left. Chrome also provides its own built-in Google translator that provides the nearly accurate translation in a huge number of languages.
- Chrome has a lite version that can help you save your data to a great extent.
- Chrome has its own ad blocker that blocks suspicious and malicious ads.
2. Mozilla Firefox
Mozilla Firefox is considered one of the fastest Android browsers available. Unlike most Android browsers that are built on Chromium, Mozilla Firefox, just like its desktop version, uses the Quantum engine.
Mozilla Firefox provides a clean and user-friendly interface. It has its own Firefox Add-ons store where you can get a number of different extensions for your browser such as AdBlock Plus, uBlock Origin, etc. Although on the basis of performance on Android, Mozilla Firefox lags a little as compared to Chrome.
- It provides enhanced tracking protection against certain ads and cookies.
- Mozilla Firefox also has its Beta version, which you can use to get the features that standard Firefox does not provide.
Brave browser is one of the most secure browsers available. Since it is built on Chromium, the user interface it provides gives a slight glimpse of Google Chrome. Its toolbar is at the bottom of the page which makes it convenient to browse and navigate. Just like Chrome and Firefox, Brave has its own Beta version as well.
If you are using Brave as your Android browser, you don’t need an ad blocker or pop-up blocker extensions. Brave blocks all the unnecessary ads and pop-ups to provide smooth and safe browsing. Along with the security, Brave is also very fast. It takes less time to load and provides 2x speed in downloading.
- Brave comes with the incognito mode that creates private tabs for browsing.
- Brave has a clean and user-friendly user interface.
- It provides a tremendous ad blocker and cookies blocker to provide safe browsing.
- It takes less time to load and provides 2x speed in downloading.
- It is totally secure and reliable.
DuckDuckGo is a light Android browser application available on Playstore with a size of around 10.3 MB and 10+ million downloads around the globe. DuckDuckGo provides better privacy as compared to the above-mentioned browsers. DuckDuckGo does not store any of your personal data or information.
DuckDuckGo is the best browser for tech enthusiasts. It provides more anonymous web browsing. If you want to dive into the dark web and stay anonymous at the same time then you should opt for DuckDuckGo. It has a special algorithm of site privacy detection and will grade the sites on a scale of A to F with A being the most privacy and F being the least privacy.
- DuckDuckGo does not store any personal information of the user.
- It allows surface web browsing as well as dark web browsing
- It provides more anonymous browsing to its users.
- It has a special algorithm of site privacy detection and will grade the sites on a scale of A to F with A being the most privacy and F being the least privacy.
- DuckDuckGo blocks all ad trackers that may be tracking you while surfing and activates the highest level of available encryption on the visited site.
5. Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Edge, previously known as Internet Explorer is another popular Android browser provided by Microsoft itself. Edge has many modifications as compared to its Explorer version and is a Chromium-based browser. During its Internet Explorer times, although it was a default web browser it was not very much popular. But now with Edge, Microsoft is hitting its audience to a great extent.
Since it is a web giant, you will get some great features such as from your mobile device, you can send a number of web pages directly to your Windows desktop with literally one click. Edge also provides a reading mode that greatly focuses on the content you are reading and acts accordingly.
- Microsoft Edge has a number of built-in features that other browsers provide with extensions such as password manager and ad blocker.
- It has a special feature Read-aloud which reads the text from a webpage for you. You can choose either a male or a female voice.
- You can switch between light and dark themes.
- You can change the default search engine easily in Android.
- You will also get the daily news articles.
6. Opera Mini
Opera Mini is the lightest and fastest browser. It works efficiently even when you are on a network having slow internet connection speed. Opera Mini does not slow down the speed of surfing and uses compression techniques to load content and web pages without any lagging or buffering.
Opera mini saves your data by loading the content in a compressed manner. Even if you are offline, you can still have access to your downloaded files. Users can also share files, images, docs, and other media with other Android users even in the offline mode.
- For downloading files, Opera Mini comes with a smart-download feature, which first downloads small files and then clears the heavy ones.
- The home page displays the latest news based on your search interests.
The Dolphin browser has become very popular among Android users. It offers a voice search feature and also you can open multiple tabs at the same time. The most recent version of Dolphin comes with various new features.
The browser also provides the incognito mode for browsing privately without getting your web browsing activity reflected in the browsing history. It also supports gesture controls to ensure a better web browsing experience.
- Offers a wide range of customizable themes.
- Support media sharing.
- You can easily access your bookmarks with just one swipe.
- Dolphin comes with Flash support.
- It comes with an in-built ad blocker.
8. Samsung Internet Browser
Samsung Internet Browser is the default browser in Samsung devices. It only comes with some basic features by default, but you can make it more powerful by installing extensions from the Galaxy Store.
This browser is one of the most secure browsers and is highly efficient in protecting your privacy by using filters to load the content. It also blocks trackers and cookies from tracking your web activity.
- It uses anti-tracking tools to provide a safe and secure browsing experience.
- It allows you to play videos using its built-in video player.
- It provides a mode for restricting adult content on your web pages.
- It can display all the open tabs as a list.
9. Tor Browser
Tor Browser is quite similar to the Firefox browser in terms of functionality as it is a Firefox-based browser. This browser is well known for its safe and secure services. It clears cookies automatically and also keeps all your visited websites separate to prevent them from being tracked by trackers.
This browser is a little slow when it comes to loading pages, as it sends multiple requests to various links to hide your online identity.
- It provides a safe and secure browsing experience.
- It hides your online identity from the websites, to protect your security.
- Websites that have been blocked or are even restricted in your geo-location can also be accessed using this browser.
- It also provides multi-layered encryption, that encrypts the traffic three times before reaching your browser.
- To get more extensions for the Tor browser, you can simply install them from Mozilla Add-on Store.
Vivaldi Android browser focuses on serving new and unique features to its users. Vivaldi’s clone tab feature is unique and allows you to clone your existing tab with ease.
You can switch the search engines with just one click. Vivaldi provides a toolbar that consists of 8 advanced tools. You can search for them by just writing the first letter of the tool name in the search bar and it will show you the appropriate suggestions. The overall performance of Vivaldi is quite impressive.
- Vivaldi has a clean user interface.
- It can block unwanted ads and cookies.
Flynx has one unique feature that it flaunts; it allows you to open your links and articles in an impressive way. You don’t have to leave your application, it opens all the links in the background. So, you don’t have to wait for them to get loaded, you can continue to use your application, and when you are ready, you can go to that loaded page.
It has an intelligent mechanism that automatically blocks unnecessary ad content to save your data and load pages faster. You can also open multiple tabs at the same time and switch between them easily.
- The user interface is intuitive and makes web surfing highly convenient and enjoyable for the users.
- It provides a translation feature for web pages, and you can translate web pages into 15 languages.
- Sharing web page links with others is quite an easy and convenient task with this browser.
Puffin is another browser for Android that specifically focuses on user privacy and security. Puffin has an in-built VPN, which allows users to surf the web anonymously. It also provides full-screen video gestures that allow you to increase or decrease the volume while watching an online video.
One of the best features that Puffin provides is the data saver mode that helps you save your data while browsing the web.
- It supports Flash Player.
Kiwi browser claims itself to be a peaceful browser and entirely based on Chromium and Webkit. Its optimized rendering service enables fast loading of the web pages. It also protects your device from crypto-currency miners.
Along with browsing the web, you can also read the latest news, watch videos, and listen to your favorite music using Kiwi. It also offers a night mode, which allows customization and various contrasting modes.
- You can also use Facebook messenger, right from the browser, without having to download the application.
- It also provides translation of web pages in over 60 supported languages.
Maxthon is a browser that is dedicated to mobile devices. This browser is quite focused on reducing data consumption without compromising the quality of web pages. It uses several smart features to achieve this, such as the smart image display.
This browser has some really amazing features including the facility to create shadow email ids so that you don’t have to provide your real email every time when you use a website. It has a lot of other exciting features and tools which make it a highly efficient and popular browser.
- It has an in-built tool that allows you to take notes in the browser itself.
- It comes integrated with email and password managers.
- Night mode for comfortable reading in low light conditions.
- Blocks all irrelevant ad content.
15. Opera Browser
Opera Browser is another famous Android browser. It comes with an in-built VPN so that you do not have to download VPN software separately. Plus, it also has its own ad blocker that blocks malicious ads and cookies and also makes it possible to load web pages faster.
The browser also has a night mode option that adjusts the brightness of the screen and improves the readability of the content. It also allows data sync between Opera browser for desktop and Opera browser for Android.
- It lets you choose between the white and dark themes for your browser.
Phoenix is another feature-rich browser available for Android devices. One of its most useful features is the smart downloader for videos, which allows you to download online videos on your device.
This browser also has a plugin to save WhatsApp status safely. You also don’t need to worry about the annoying ads on the web pages, as it has an in-built ad blocker to restrict those ad content from loading into your web pages.
- It reduces data consumption while browsing.
- It also provides several features that are available across all the leading browsers like incognito mode, browsing history, night mode, and multi-tab mode.
Ecosia is another Chromium-based Android browser on this list, which is well-known for its speed and performance. This application is a great initiative that aims to donate 80% of its profits for planting more trees and saving the environment.
It claims to protect your privacy by not saving your browsing history and also does not sell any of your data to third-party websites. The searches you make on this browser are highly encrypted using SSL encryption.
- Offers a private mode for browsing the web.
- You can open and manage multiple tabs with ease.
- You can easily bookmark all your favorite web pages.
Orbot is one of the best browsers when it comes to providing a completely secure browsing experience. It offers a free proxy to establish private connections. Orbot encrypts your traffic by using Tor and hides all your online activities. Since it uses encryption of the traffic through various servers before connecting you to it, this slows down the content loading speed.
Orbot is one of the best options for users who are concerned about privacy and online identity. This is an open-source browser, so it is entirely free and you can always have a look over its source code.
- Encrypt data traffic by using multiple encryptions using Tor.
- You can also choose to disable its anti-tracking tools.
Orbitum Browser provides fast and secure services to its users. It also blocks advertisement content automatically, so that you don’t have to deal with those distracting ads. Also, by blocking the ads, the browser will be able to load pages quite fast and also save data.
Orbitum also promises users a safe and private browsing experience. It also has an autosuggest feature like other popular browsers to improve search results. There is also a quick access panel to give you instant access to your favorite websites.
- It offers an incognito mode for browsing the web privately.
- It comes with a voice search.
Via is an extremely light browser and comes loaded with a bunch of features. Via comes with the incognito mode that allows you to browse the web in private tabs. Via has a clean and intuitive user interface. It also integrated an ad blocker and cookies blocker to ensure a secure and distraction-free browsing experience.
Via also lets you customize it completely. From the icon to the text on the homepage, you can customize and play with every inch of this browser’s homepage.
- The incognito mode allows you to create private tabs for browsing.
- You just have to swipe right to get Google and Wikipedia in the quick tab bar.
In this article, we have discussed the top 20 browsers for Android. At present, there are several such browsers available on the play store. These 20 browsers are chosen on the basis of their features and popularity.
We sincerely hope that this article gave you the worthy options for choosing the best browsers for your Android device. Which one did you choose? Which browser should be on this list? Let us know in the comments.