Do you want to build a website on your own? While researching the best web hosting, you might have come across many hosting companies providing Managed WordPress hosting and noticed that the prices for this type of hosting are high when compared to the other types of shared hosting.
The next question that might come to you: why is there so much of a difference in the pricing? Is managed WordPress hosting the best, and is it worth it?
If you have these questions in your mind, then you are in the right place. Here in this blog, we have discussed the definition, the advantages, and the disadvantages, and some of the best managed WordPress hosting services in 2022. So if you are looking for managed WordPress hosting, you can use the information given below and choose the best one.
What is Managed WordPress Hosting?
With an increase in the use of WordPress, many hosting companies specialize in providing hosting solely designed for WordPress and is known as Managed WordPress hosting.
Managed WordPress hosting is where the hosting companies manage all the technical aspects of WordPress. These concierge services involve taking care of security, speed, updates, backups, website uptime, downtime, and scalability. It aims to provide users with a wonderful user experience to focus on business growth.
Another best thing about this hosting type is the high-end support services. The Managed WordPress hosting is known as a “Five-Star Hotel for WordPress.” That’s because you have a team of WordPress professionals who always have your back.
Pros and Cons of Managed WordPress Hosting
Here in this section, we have mentioned some of the pros and cons of using Managed WordPress hosting, which will help you make the best decision.
- High speed: Managed WordPress hosting servers are designed for WordPress and are known for their speed, even when the website gets a lot of traffic.
- Security: If you are using Managed WordPress hosting, be rest assured you are safe from hackers. This hosting option provides high-end security that actively scans for viruses and protects your website from hackers.
- Expert support: Managed WordPress hosting is different from every other web host. The staff of these hosting providers is made up of WordPress experts. They provide advice on plugins, solve all the issues faster, answer all your queries, and much more.
- Daily backups: They automatically create backups and offer restore options if you need them.
- Automatic WordPress updates: The best part is you need not care about the updates because they are updated automatically.
- No downtime: Even if you have increased traffic on your site, your website will never slow down or show an error.
- Developer Tools: Managed WordPress hosting also offers developer tools like a staging area, version control, and much more.
These advantages might sound attractive and urge you to use this hosting. Here are a few disadvantages of using a Managed WordPress hosting that you need to know too.
- Price: Undoubtedly, Managed WordPress hosting is expensive when compared to other hosting services. But if you calculate the cost of running a dynamic website and the salary for maintaining the admin, then the price might sound affordable.
- Comes with limitations: The Managed WordPress hosting server is only specialized for WordPress, and you can just run WordPress sites. You cannot run all the WordPress plugins because the hosting providers block plugins that might slow down your website.
- Very little control: Since there is someone else who is taking care of your website and its technical aspects. You do not get to manage the admin panel all by yourself.
Many hosting providers offer Managed WordPress hosting services. Here we have mentioned some of the best managed WordPress hosting providers in 2022 that you can consider while buying Managed WordPress hosting.
10 Best Managed WordPress Hosting in 2022
Here’s a quick look into the list:
- WP Engine
1. WP Engine
WP Engine provides managed WordPress hosting from the time it was launched and is relatively one of the best-managed WordPress hosting providers in the market and is still improving with time.
Even after all the difficulties, it faced while growing its infrastructure, it has stood strong in the market and now offers managed WordPress solutions that are both beginner-friendly and developer-friendly.
- CDN is available for all plans.
- Highly scalable.
- Free and automatic migration.
- 24/7/365 chat and phone support starting from the “Growth” plan.
- Free access to 35+ WordPress themes.
- Free SSL certificate.
- High overage cost.
- WP Engine changes the basic WordPress code making it difficult to change the host in the future.
- The WordPress add-ons can be very costly.
SiteGround has the cheapest Managed WordPress hosting plan specially designed for bloggers, people with zero technical knowledge, and technical developers who need Git integrations and staging areas.
Out of all the plans, the best-managed WordPress hosting plans by SiteGround are GrowBig (affordable and beginner-friendly) and GoGeek (designed for developers and enterprises) plans.
- WordPress.org itself highly recommends it.
- Free SSL for all the plans from basic to premium.
- Comes with Git integration.
- Free PCI compliance.
- 24/7/365 chat and call support.
- Free backup and restore available.
- Not suitable for high-traffic sites.
Bluehost is the most popular hosting provider that caters to all your needs and allows you to launch different websites. One of the best-managed WordPress hosting providers, Bluehost, provides “WP PRO” and comes with a fully managed WordPress hosting.
Apart from a fully-managed Bluehost cPanel, you also get an all-in-one marketing center and dashboard, good SEO features, email marketing, and social media tools. The Bluehost server is also highly optimized. The WP PRO plan’s unique thing is that you can launch unlimited websites, domain names, subdomains, and disk storage irrespective of the plans you select.
Not only that, but Bluehost also offers you a one-hour concierge call where you work with a WordPress professional who will help you set up your WordPress site with Bluehost. They also help you select the best theme for your niche and the right plugin(s) that you might need.
- Unlimited websites, disk space, and traffic.
- Fully managed dashboard.
- Instant WordPress Installs.
- One hour on-boarding call support.
- CDN enabled.
- 24/7/365 customer support by WordPress professionals.
- They have bad reviews about the support they offer.
- Picking a data center location is not simple.
LiquidWeb is specially designed for agencies and professionals who want to build many websites. It has all the features ranging from Cloud VPS to custom solutions. The basic Managed WordPress hosting plan starts with support for 5 websites and has 50GB storage.
Since LiquidWeb is known for high-speed, security, and 24/7 customer support, it is mainly designed for large enterprises and those who want to manage more than one website.
- LiquidWeb has plans that support 10 to 50 websites. They also provide customized plans for more websites.
- Daily automated backups.
- Free SSL certificate.
- Comes with support for Git and SSH.
- 24/7/365 call, chat, and email support.
- LiquidWeb can be very costly for beginners.
- LiquidWeb faces downtime issues regularly.
Flywheel is a new Managed WordPress hosting provider in the market and has quickly made a name for itself. It is one of the most recommended hostings for non-developers who want to launch a WordPress website that works without any glitches.
Flywheel is recommended for designers, small-scale companies, freelancers, bloggers, and people with zero technical knowledge.
- Beginner-friendly interface.
- Since data centers are present globally, your website can perform well no matter where your audience is.
- Automatic backups.
- 24/7 chat support.
- Free SSL certificate.
- No overage charges.
- If you are looking for technical features like CDN, Flywheel can be expensive.
- Does not provide phone support.
Kinsta is another best WordPress hosting but is a smaller hosting provider when compared to the others. Although they are new, they provide high-quality hosting services and focus mainly on WordPress hosting.
Kinsta is a high-end platform. As such, the hosting you get for the money is a highly optimized platform, suitable for sites that need a large number of visitors, supports SSH, Git, CDN and has many more advantages for its users. Additionally, it is very budget-friendly for small-scale companies.
- Powered by Google Cloud Platform.
- 1440 daily uptime checks per site.
- Free CDN for all plans.
- Automatic scaling.
- Supports Git, SSH, and more.
- Free site migrations and removes all the errors.
- Quick SSD storage.
- Self-healing PHP.
- The cheapest Managed WordPress hosting plan starts at $30, which is more affordable than other WordPress hosting. But you can get an improved WordPress hosting at $100 per month with more added features.
- Although you get to access the Google Cloud Platform at affordable prices, you get very low site visits.
Presslabs Managed WordPress hosting is known for its high performance. The unique feature of this hosting provider is that there is only one high-priced plan, and after that, you need to pay for the number of site visits. In simple words, the price you pay is for fast, secure, and reliable hosting specially managed for you.
Presslabs is known for publishers and large-scale agencies that work with the aim to grow in the market. In simple words, it is designed for those brands that are expecting more traffic in the future and do not want to face any glitches while scaling.
If you are a startup, then the Publisher plan is not recommended for you. However, the Developer plan is free and comes with many add-ons and customized tools.
- Comes with many advanced features for agency teams.
- Comes with Git.
- 24/7 email and call support.
- Free SSL for all plans.
- Mandatory backup every 15 minutes.
- Staging environments.
- An easy-to-use and powerful dashboard built with ReactJS technology.
- The developer plan is free to use.
- The prices are very high for small-scale businesses.
- Even after paying for the hosting plan per month, you need to pay extra for additional pageviews.
GoDaddy is the most famous hosting provider and, with time, is expanding into the WordPress space. They have everything that is needed for more traffic WordPress websites. GoDaddy’s Managed WordPress hosting comes with good server performance, modern technologies, and high-end security.
- Pocket-friendly for hosting 5 WordPress websites.
- Automatic backup once in 90 days.
- Automated daily scans.
- It offers fast SSD storage.
- You need to double-check your order in your checkout process. Add-ons are automatically added to your shopping cart during checkout.
- It is very difficult to transfer your site from GoDaddy to another hosting provider.
Pagely is specially designed for developers and is the fastest managed WordPress hosting. Since it uses the Amazon server, you can access the advanced features of this hosting like Git, SSH, and staging. You also get top-notch security. However, Pagely is more expensive than the other managed WordPress hosts.
- Real-time malware monitoring.
- Offers advanced features suitable for developers.
- Daily backups.
- Built-in redundancy.
- Can use any theme and plugin.
- Supports multiple WordPress websites.
- Support via calling not available for all plans. Pagely provides customer support only for premium plans.
- The basic plan starts at $199 per month.
Pressable was previously known as ZippyKid. It offers unique managed hosting services and is known for its customer satisfaction. The services are built on custom RackSpace hardware and have a record of satisfied clients and testimonials. It is capable of handling 15,000 page views per month.
- Highly reliable.
- High-quality hosting for businesses and developers.
- Malware scanning.
- Free SSL and CDN.
- The managed WordPress hosting plans are costly.
- Does not offer premium plans for large-scale companies.
Managed WordPress hosting is designed for those who do not want to manage different admin panels and create websites easily. The managed WordPress hosting services can be costly, but they are worth the price. Here we have cherrypicked 10 hosting providers that will help you make the right choice. Let us recap:
- WP Engine: Known for performance, reliability, affordable pricing, and unique features.
- SiteGround: Low cost for managing the WordPress hosting, top-notch support, and great performance.
- Bluehost: Premium managed WordPress hosting, free domain, and high-speed.
- LiquidWeb: Amazing WordPress hosting experience with amazing customer support.
- Flywheel: Specially designed for non-developers.
- Kinsta: Budget-friendly hosting plans.
- Presslabs: Known for high-performance.
- GoDaddy: Has good server performance.
- Pagely: Designed for developers and is the fastest managed WordPress hosting.
- Pressable: Delivers top-notch customer satisfaction.
So which one suits you the best? Comment below.
People are also reading: