Photo editing software is used to turn a mediocre photo into an impressive one, making it stand out and attractive. This editing software allows you to change colour and saturation, add filters, remove blemishes, and make more transformations.
With technology changing, there are many options available that will help to enhance your photos. In this post, we have mentioned photo editing software that works on the desktop, while others work in the browser, on a tablet, and even on smartphones. We have also mentioned the features which will help you make the right choice.
Best Photo Editor for PC 2022
1. Adobe Photoshop Express Editor
Adobe Photoshop Express Editor is a photo editing software for the PC that helps with photo retouching and editing. It is designed for graphic designers, artists, website developers, photographers, and professionals in photo editing.
Adobe Photoshop helps you to create, enhance, and edit images and illustrations. This tool also includes two blur effects: spin blur and path blur.
- It allows you to connect and share your designs on different social media platforms like Behance.
- It offers some smart sharpen filters which help to sharpen your image.
- This photo editor is also available in a mobile version which allows you to save images in the cloud.
- With the help of intelligent upsampling, you can increase the resolution of your pictures and make them ready for printing.
- Offers tools for path selection.
- It allows color correction in one click.
Canva is another excellent photo editing software that allows you to create designs for various platforms and edit photos. It also allows you to collaborate with a team and create designs. This image editing software allows you to use impressive and informative data visualizations with the help of graphs.
Canva offers a drag-and-drop editor, which helps create a design, and easily print your designs. This photo editor software works best on web browsers and as a mobile application. It offers pre-designed templates, making it easy to create one for your brand. All you need to do is replace the existing content with yours, making it the best software for people who do not have any designing skills.
- Canva offers professionally designed ready to use templates that help to make your work easier.
- You can add any type of visuals to your design, from text, frames, to images and videos.
- Canva allows you to publish, share, and download your visuals in high quality.
- You can add effects to your photos to enhance the quality of your images.
3. Adobe Lightroom CC
Adobe Lightroom is one of the best photo editing software packages designed for beginners. It helps organize your work by storing your pictures in one place, allowing you to share them from anywhere.
Many experienced designers use Lightroom because it helps to edit detailed images easily. It makes light work of day-to-day enhancements and raw files.
You can store the final output on your computer, iPad, iPhone, or Android device and, at the same time, transfer photos automatically from your phone or computer into the Lightroom application. It syncs automatically, so when you edit or add an image to your favorite list, it gets updated everywhere else too.
- Lightroom CC offers 1TB online storage, which helps to transform your workflow.
- It allows you to import and edit RAW files on your PC, mobile, and tablet.
- You can sync across any of the presets in your Lightroom CC catalog to any system.
- The Lightroom’s healing brush is the best and the easiest way to get rid of unwanted elements in your photos.
- It offers selective adjustment tools like Gradient Filter, Circular Filter, and Adjustment Brushes which are considered the key elements of a photo editor.
- The auto geometry feature is very useful, which helps to straighten horizons and warped buildings in just one tap.
4. ACDSee Ultimate
ACDSee Ulitmate is a photo editing software for Windows 10 that allows you to easily manage and edit images. You can import photos from cloud storage services such as DropBox and OneDrive. This tool is specifically designed for professional photographers and graphic designers, allowing them to easily and precisely edit photos.
One of the standout features of ACDSee Ultimate is the colour wheel, which allows you to precisely select a colour and edit the image. It also includes a tonewheel for adding split-toning highlights, mid-tones, and shadows.
The other features of ACDSee Ultimate are vignettes, add special effects, give your image an old, film grain look, rotate and flip an image, perspective correction, distortion and lens correction, and much more.
- It offers a refined selection that helps to shift or soften edges, maximizing the effects of tools like Smart Erase.
- The Crop tool features come with relative positioning, which helps crop multiple images easily in just a few clicks.
- The red-eyes removal tools automatically scan and remove the red eyes from the character in your photos.
- The repair tool smoothens the blemishes and flaws without any hassle.
- The smart erase tool removes the unwanted objects from the image easily and fills in the area naturally.
- You can add borders to your favorite photos and edit the color, texture, and thickness of the border.
5. Topaz Studio 2
Topaz Studio 2 is the latest version of Topaz which comes with an AI that makes editing faster and creative. It allows you to work with effects, advanced masking, and layers.
This photo editing software includes two editing workflows: one works with presets, and the other works with filters.
One feature that makes Topaz Studio 2 unique is that you can use this photo editor as a plugin for Photoshop and Lightroom, making it a comprehensive platform for editing photos.
- Topaz Studio 2 is an AI-Powered photo editing tool that makes editing photos easier.
- It offers a user-friendly, simple, and robust interface, which makes the editing process easy.
- It has over 30 advanced filters and more than 200 preset looks.
- Topaz Studio 2 offers a non-destructive layer and powerful masking features.
- This tool gets updated frequently, so you do not miss out on anything.
- It offers a 30-day free trial.
- It is a compatible plugin for Lightroom and Photoshop.
Luminar is another amazing beginner-friendly photo editing software designed for the PC that offers unique tools to edit and make your images attractive.
Luminar is considered to be the first image editor which Artificial Intelligence fully powers. It has some exclusive tools which create masterpieces in different domains like travel, landscape, portrait, and other genres of photography. Moreover, once you buy the software, it is fully yours.
- Luminar offers an adaptive interface that helps to adjust your workflow.
- It offers one-click presets, which helps to enhance the images quickly.
- It offers dozens of filters that help to fix and enhance the quality of your photos.
- It offers powerful object removal, clone, and stamp tools.
- The other features include crop, transform, noise reduction, custom textures, layers with blend modes, editing brushes, masking, and more.
- It comes with non-destructive editing features.
- You can save your file in different formats like JPEG, TIFF, GIF, PNG, PDF, and more.
- You can share your photos on different social media platforms as well.
Fotor is another best-selling photo editing software for Windows and iOS. With Fotor, you can easily edit photos, create collages, create graphics, and do some basic image retouching.
The Fotor photo editor offers some pre-installed filters and one-fold photo editing tools, which helps to crop an image, color correct, and easily.
However, many features are paid, so you cannot make full use of the photo editing software. For example, the free version does not allow you to crop sizes or change the opacity of the filter you are using.
- Fotor offers unique filters and effects.
- It has an easy-to-use collage maker.
- It converts RAW files easily.
- It allows you to share files easily on different social media platforms.
PicMonkey is a browser-based photo editing software recommended for bloggers and Instagram users. Since it has a beginner-friendly interface, it easily allows you to edit photos and create graphic designs for your personal and business needs.
PicMonkey is considered as a Photoshop alternative that allows users to add designs without any designing knowledge. Moreover, it offers some basic editing features like rotate, crop, sharpening, and resizing tools.
PicMonkey also allows you to add graphic overlays, texts, frames, and textures to your image. Additionally, it allows users to share the final output on their smartphones and tablets.
- PicMonkey offers primary touch-up tools like adjusting the saturation and hue.
- It allows you to create collages for business and personal needs.
- PicMonkey offers exclusive effects which make your image editing easier.
- PicMonkey also comes as a mobile application.
- It allows you to create and save print-friendly designs.
- PicMonkey offers a wide range of font styles ranging from simple to stylish ones.
- It offers overlays like animals, smokers, stars, hearts, labels, lines, banners, and more.
The GIMP or GNU Image Manipulation Program is an open-source photo editor that debuted on Unix-based platforms and is compatible with Linux, Windows, and Mac PCs. The GIMP’s editor has a wide range of tools for painting, color correction, selecting, cloning, and image enhancement.
The editor’s development team works hard to ensure the application offers a user-friendly interface. It also allows you to work with popular file formats.
- GIMP offers a full suite of painting tools like brush, pencil, airbrush, clone, and more.
- Offers a gradient editor and color blending tools.
- Supports a variety of brushes and design patterns.
- Helps you to work with multiple layers easily.
- It offers tools which help to scale, shear, rotate, and flip.
- It has selection tools like rectangle, rounded rectangle, ellipse, free, and fuzzy.
- You can load and save animations in any frame-as-layer format.
InPixio is a photo editing software that allows you to edit photos without much hassle. It helps to remove unwanted objects in the photo and allows image correction in just one click. Moreover, it offers a cloning stamp that helps to copy the object in the image.
- InPixio offers a large variety of presets, which helps to give your image the exact look you want.
- It allows you to brighten your photos in just one click by adjusting the hue, temperature, contrast, and saturation.
- It allows you to create customizable frames.
- Easy cropping and resizing of images.
- It allows you to add any type of texture to your photos.
- InPixio allows you to give your image a vignette effect that focuses more on the subject than the background.
- It allows you to adjust the tone curves with just slider adjustments.
- Apart from JPG and PNG images, it supports RAW formats.
Photo editing software is important for photographers. It can help turn a mediocre photo into an impressive one, making it stand out and attractive. This editing software allows you to change color and saturation, add filters, remove blemishes, and make more transformations. In this post, we discussed the ten best photo editors for your PC.
People are also reading: