According to the report by Forbes, virtual debit and credit cards have become an important part of all small and large businesses.
This article has explained virtual credit cards or debit cards in detail and some of the best virtual credit cards or debit cards in the United States of America.
What are Virtual Credit Cards/Debit Cards in the USA?
Virtual debit and credit cards, also known as electronic cards, are digital alternatives to the usual debit and credit cards. These cards are stored in a digital wallet via the website or a mobile banking application. With a virtual debit or credit card, you can do standard online shopping, contactless payments, and withdraw cash from ATMs without needing to use the card physically.
How do Virtual Cards work?
You need to know that virtual cards are similar to normal cards. The only difference is that virtual debit and credit cards are digital and exist entirely on your smartphone without existing physically as the plastic cards that we have been used to for so long.
When you open a bank account, you will receive a virtual debit card in your banking application linked to a payment application like Apple Pay or Google Pay.
You can use these virtual cards to shop online, transfer money, or make no-contact payments at any physical store. Since you can store these cards on your phone, it is very easy to make any transaction anywhere. Some ATMs in the United States also allow you to withdraw cash via your virtual cards.
Benefits of Virtual Debit & Credit Cards
Now that you know what virtual debit and credit cards are in detail, here are the five main benefits of virtual cards. So let us get started.
1. Empowers the Staff
Virtual cards play an important role in both large-scale and small-scale companies. Many companies issue these virtual cards to team members who manage the client and dealer payments. So, instead of disturbing your manager or the accounts department to get approval for every payment, the company can issue unique virtual cards for each staff member.
As a manager, you can also set a limit for spending depending on your budget. This also helps to let the team know exactly how much money they have available to spend.
Eliminating the dependency on regular payment means your business can finally buy new software and machines without any delay.
Virtual cards also reduce the backlog of pending purchase requests for weeks. The virtual card allows them to fasten the purchase process and, at the same time, allows you to maintain full control over their payments.
2. Increased Accountability
Another benefit of virtual debit and credit cards is increased accountability over your company’s funds.Since you give every team member a virtual payment card, you know where your money is going and why. The purchases made from their cards will be automatically logged into your card management systems.
Using virtual payments reduced the hours spent trying to figure out the expense receipts. Since each virtual card is allocated to a specific employee, the management can easily keep track of the transactions.
3. Top-Notch Security
One of the most important benefits of virtual debit and credit cards is that they offer all users 100% improved security. Moreover, virtual cards are the most recommended for safe and secure online payments. Since virtual cards are not physically present, they cannot be cloned and stolen.
The best part about virtual cards is that they are also available as single-use cards, meaning they expire after they are used once. This means there are no chances of any bank or online fraud in the future.
High-quality and highly secure virtual cards are issued by many popular and trusted credit and debit card providers, like Visa and Mastercard. So you can be rest assured of the fraud checks and security features.
4. Ease Of Use
Until a few years ago, virtual cards were only available for large enterprises. However, with advancements in the fintech industry, these virtual cards are now available easily for small businesses as well. Many fintech and banking companies offer virtual debit and credit cards to all types of companies. All you need to do is to create an account and get started within minutes.
10 Best Virtual Credit Cards/Debit Cards In The USA
Now that you know the benefits of these virtual cards, you might want to try one out. Make sure you use the best one. Here is a list of some of the best and most popular virtual credit cards and debit cards in the United States of America to make your work easier. So let us get started.
1. US Unlocked
A virtual prepaid card known as “US Unlocked” offers users the option to buy from various US-based retailers from anywhere globally. All you need to do is sign up on the website, add an amount of $50 to your account, pay small fees to use the card for one-time purchases from any US merchant.
The US Unlocked virtual cards allow you to add US billing and shipping addresses, making it easy to make transactions with US merchants. With this virtual card, you can instantly access all the services based in the US, like Netflix US, HBO Max, Hulu, and more.
US Unlocked offers two types of virtual cards. The first type of card is available only for one-time use and is automatically deactivated after the first transaction. On the other hand, the other is a merchant-specific card eligible for only certain US-based merchants.
- Allows you to assign US billing and shipping addresses making it easy to shop from US merchants and retailers.
- Allows the management to set a spending limit for every cardholder in the company.
- You can easily and instantly generate a virtual credit or debit card number after every online purchase.
The pricing depends on the amount loaded. The US Unlocked lifetime plan starts at $15.
Payoneer’s free virtual card is compatible with MasterCard and allows you to make eCommerce payments. Using Payoneer’s virtual card is similar to that of using a physical payment card. You only need to enter your virtual card details on the payment gateway page.
Payoneer is very easy to use and beginner-friendly if you have already created an account with Payoneer. If you choose to use Payoneer, all you need to do is fill in the required details on the website. Once you have filled in the details, the information will be reviewed before issuing a virtual credit or debit card.
- It offers easy sign-up.
- It allows you to make online purchases quickly.
- Payoneer cards are also accepted in offline stores where they accept MasterCard.
- The maximum daily spending limit is $200,000.
- The annual fee for a Payoneer account is $29.95.
- These cards are not available in Russia, the European Union, India, the UK, and a few other countries.
Netspend is a great financial management tool that offers a customised virtual prepaid card. You can create a customised card by adding a photo or symbol you like.
Moreover, Netspend is a recommended virtual debit card if you are looking for a temporary one. With Netspend, you can make payments on websites that do not accept debit cards.
This card can be used globally and offers high-end security for both the physical and virtual debit card details. It also allows you to check your transaction history and balance at anytime, from anywhere.
One of the most unique features of Netspend is that it sends text message alerts after each transaction.
- It allows you to generate up to six free virtual debit cards.
- To use Netspend’s virtual debit card, you need to link your bank’s debit card.
- It offers real-time transaction history and balance updates.
- The digital debit card by Netspend is highly customizable.
Believe it not. It is very difficult for freelancers and contract workers to get a credit card. American Express understands this and offers virtual credit card services that are easy to manage and use.
It is designed for professionals like freelancers, writers, and marketers to make online purchases. You can keep a record of your transaction history and account balance. Moreover, you can also set a spending limit and know how much fees you will be charged.
- You can easily make payments from the mobile application.
- It allows you to track transactions in real-time.
- It is very easy to use and beginner-friendly.
- You can also set a spending limit for the American Express credit card.
- Netspend’s card can be used globally.
The Walmart MoneyCard is a flexible and full-fledged virtual financial system that manages all your banking needs with the help of a strong digital framework. You can add money with just one click to your Walmart MoneyCard from any bank. You can use the virtual card to make payments online to merchants globally.
Walmart MoneyCard also has a MoneyCard application that allows you to deposit cash at zero cost. You can create up to four additional virtual debit card accounts. People who are over 13 years old are eligible to use the MoneyCard app.
- This allows you to deposit money on your card without any extra charges.
- You can add money to your Walmart MoneyCard from any bank account.
- You can earn an interest rate of 2% on saving.
- You can create a family virtual debit card and add up to four family members.
LeoPay is a tool that allows you to manage your finances easily. It also allows you to create an account easily in a few simple steps. You can get multiple IBANs, or International Banking Accounting Numbers, in different currencies. Moreover, LeoPay is easy to set up and allows you to access the application via the web or mobile.
LeoPay offers two virtual cards for free that can be used to pay or withdraw money from anywhere across the globe. You will also get real-time transaction alerts for all the payments.
- LeoPay allows you to create multiple IBANs in over ten countries.
- This financial management tool also offers two Visa cards for free.
- It offers real-time transaction notifications when you send or receive cash.
- LeoPay allows you to access your card from the web and the mobile application.
EcoPayz offers an all-in-one payment system that helps you send and receive money globally from one online platform.
The best thing about EcoPayz is that you do not need a bank account or a card to create an account. Once you have created your account, you can easily access the funds.
EcoPayz also protects your funds with the latest fraud protection technology, so your money is completely safe. This tool is considered the safest way to make purchases online.
- EcoPayz allows you to send and receive money from anywhere across the globe.
- It allows you to manage funds from one platform.
- You can easily create an account on EcoPayz.
- You do not need a bank account or card details to get started.
Blur is a popular virtual credit card service provider that offers high-end security to your bank and online transactions. It synchronizes with all the devices making it easy to make payments from any device (tablet, phone, or laptop).
You can generate a new credit card after every online purchase. However, the most popular feature of this credit card service provider is the security it offers.
Blur encrypts your passwords, making it very difficult for hackers to hack sensitive information and your bank details.
- Helps in making easy payments and bank transactions.
- Generate a new virtual credit card after each transaction.
- Blur is compatible with all the devices and OS.
- It offers a premium level of security for every transaction.
- It offers strong anti-fraud protection features for all transactions.
EzzoCard is the best place to look if you are looking for a virtual debit or credit card. This card allows you to make online payments anonymously across the globe on any website that accepts Visa and MasterCard.
EzzoCard offers various cards like the Blue Card, Green Card, Brown Card, and Black Card. Each card has different features and validity periods. Moreover, you can register a card under any name and address.
- With EzzoCard, you can shop online anonymously.
- It allows you to easily create an account.
- While filling out the application form, there is no need to add your bank account or credit card check required.
- EzzoCard has four different types of cards that offer different features and expiration periods.
- The Green, Blue, and Black cards are available free of charge, and the Brown card is for $3/month.
Card.com is the best place to go if you are looking for a virtual credit card for online shopping. When creating an account on Card.com, there is no need for verification, a credit check, or any hidden fees.Moreover, you can also give your card a customised look by adding any image.
Card.com also allows you to choose a card design from hundreds of options. The virtual card service also allows you to get paid up to two days prior with the early direct deposit feature.
- Send and receive money globally.
- Easily integrated with any American bank,
- There are no credit checks or hidden fees.
- It offers custom-made virtual cards.
Stripe offers customised virtual and physical cards of your choice and is highly recommended for businesses who want to manage the payments of their clients and employees. This service also offers all types of financial services, automation, management, payment solutions, and more to all users across the globe.
Stripe charges $10 for each virtual card and $3 for each physical card. One unique feature of Stripe is that there are no fees charged for the first $500,000 of online transactions.
- This software offers a fast and easy setup of virtual cards.
- It offers specific or multiple-use virtual cards for all users.
- It allows you to set a spending limit for all your cards.
- It offers real-time transaction and balance notifications.
Citi is the third-largest banking institution in the United States. Apart from offering other banking services, it also offers virtual card services. However, these virtual cards are not available for all Citi cards. You can generate a Citi virtual card by using Citi’s account numbers.
The main benefit of these Citi virtual cards is that they are highly flexible and are designed for every type of business and consumer.
- Citi virtual cards allow you to add only a limited number of users per virtual card.
- It allows you to set a spending limit.
- You can also set the time of usage for your card, ranging from a few hours to two years.
- It supports all the local-currency payments in 40+ countries and offers 30 unique currencies.
- The fees depend on the type of card you use to pay your VC with.
There are many reasons why you should use virtual debit and credit cards. It is very convenient, safe, and reliable to use. With virtual credit and debit cards, you can shop from anywhere across the globe if you are using the right card. Moreover, it is considered the best for freelancers and contracted professionals. Here in this post, we have discussed some of the best virtual debit and credit cards in the USA. If you have questions or need more information, please ask via the comments section.There are many reasons why you should use virtual debit and credit cards. It is very convenient, safe, and reliable to use. With virtual credit and debit cards, you can shop from anywhere across the globe if you are using the right card. Moreover, it is considered the best for freelancers and contracted professionals. Here in this post, we have discussed some of the best virtual debit and credit cards in the USA. If you have questions or need more information, please ask via the comments section.