Want to quickly know the top pick? Our best VPS hosting service choice is 1Gbits.
While climbing the stairs of success, every online business has to go through a phase where they have to upgrade resources. Hosting is surely the first one in the line in most of these scenarios.
With the continuous growth of a website, it is obvious for the underlying factors to expand too, whether it be the SEO, content, marketing, or web hosting. Managing a mature, expanding website on shared hosting is not a good idea for obvious reasons.
To fix the slow loading times of your website, managing a surge in traffic, and upgrading the security among other things, it is necessary to switch to a VPS (Virtual Private Server) or dedicated hosting. Want to know them in detail? Let’s roll then!
Types of Web Hosting Services
1. Shared Hosting
Majorly used by small and entry-level businesses, shared hosting is the most basic type of web hosting. It comes with pocket-friendly pricing and runs multiple websites on a single server.
As the name implies, all the domains on a shared web hosting use the same server resources, such as RAM and CPU. This is the main reason why this type of web hosting comes with very low pricing plans.
Indeed, shared web hosting is a great option to save money, but it has a lot of drawbacks as well. For example, if another website on your server gains more traffic, it will cause performance issues with your site and these situations are, usually, out of your control.
2. VPS Hosting
VPS stands for “Virtual Private Server”. This web hosting type finds common ground between shared hosting and dedicated hosting. It is ideal for those who want to manage things to a greater extent along with dealing with huge traffic but don’t want a dedicated server.
In VPS Hosting, your main server will split into many servers. The number of domains, however, will be less and your website will enjoy having dedicated resources.
This is the perfect web hosting for you if you want to have dedicated hosting but don’t have the technical knowledge. You’ll get more space, managing more traffic will be easy and the website loading time will also decrease.
3. Cloud Hosting
It is a new and advanced type of web hosting that took the market by storm. Unlike other kinds of web hosting, this one comes with a lot of different remote servers that are dedicated to performing respective tasks.
Users will be liberated to employ as many resources as they need without having to build and maintain their computing infrastructure.
This makes the pricing very affordable since an individual will only pay for the services he will opt for. The best part about cloud hosting is scalability. It allows you to grow your website over time, increasing its resource usage as per the evolving requirements.
4. Dedicated Hosting
Dedicated hosting is the prime choice when it comes to hosting services. It gives users maximum control over the server they are hosted on along with a lot of dedicated functionalities. In simple words, you will have a dedicated server for your domain.
Naturally, it comes at a higher price as compared to other hosting types. As such, dedicated hosting is used by website owners and managers who experience very huge traffic and want full control over the server. Moreover, it requires sound technical knowledge to install and manage.
Running Low on Time? Here’s a Quick View of the List!
- Liquid Web
- A2 Hosting
With thousands of happy customers worldwide, 1Gbits has turned out to be the perfect choice not only for dedicated hosting but also for VPS hosting services. Along with rock-bottom pricing rates, it has established its base in more than 20 locations around the globe.
1Gbits has three VPS plans to offer:
Therefore, you will be liberated to choose a plan according to your convenience. It is embedded with a lot of unique features as well, which are jotted down below:
- Powered by Intel and Supermicro enterprise-grade hardware for better stability and speed.
- offers 24/7 support.
- Offers dedicated hosting for more than 20 locations and VPS hosting service from 8 different locations.
- The uptime of their dedicated server at 99.9%is incredible.
- Embedded with hardware RAID controllers to ensure data safety.
- Allows users to connect to the VPS remotely and manage easily.
- Based on SSDs.
Pricing – 1Gbits offers an extremely pocket-friendly price for VPS services which starts at just $15 for both Windows and Linux. Their dedicated server plans are inexpensive too. Starts at just $68!..
You can signup here.
Best known for its shared hosting services, Bluehost has now emerged as a reliable VPS server provider, further cementing its repute as a top web hosting service.
Bluehost is great if you’re looking for a feature-rich VPS hosting provider at a comparatively low price. Their servers are designed to provision immediately, which saves users from waiting too much to get their website up and running. Moreover, their cPanel facilitates users to add extra storage on the fly without going through a lengthy process. Its main features are:
- Offers a free domain name for the first year.
- Robust cPanel eases root access and management.
- Gives a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Variety of guaranteed resource availability.
- Easy to set up and run instantly.
- Dynamic resources to manage traffic spikes.
- Robust performance with open-source technology.
Pricing – The pricing plan for VPS hosting from Bluehost starts at just $18.99 per month for a dual-core CPU paired with 30 GB of solid-state storage space, 2 GB of RAM, and 1 TB of bandwidth.
If you want to make the most of your dollar, then there’s no better pick than Hostinger. It provides an easily scalable VPS hosting service at almost unbeatable prices.
The best part is that Hostinger offers both Windows- and Linux-based hosting. They have an incredible server response time of 459ms, which makes it one of the fastest web hosting service providers out there. Main features of Hostinger include:
- Offers 30 days money-back guarantee.
- Provide users with a dedicated IP address.
- Powerful data backup with double RAID protection.
- Comes with an OS installer along with a web script for easing the process.
- Clean user interface with a straightforward control panel.
- Have a variety of flexible plans offering wider space and root access.
Pricing – Hostinger’s pricing plan starts at $3.95 in which you’ll get vCPU, 1 GB RAM, 20 GB SSD storage, and 1 TB bandwidth. The offering goes up to 8 GB RAM, 160 GB SSD storage, and 8 TB bandwidth.
4. Liquid Web
Offering excellent hosting solutions, Liquid Web offers VPN plans that are fully managed. Besides, you will have control over your website with root-level access, one-click downgrading and upgrading, and total server control.
All of their plans include 10 TB of bandwidth, multiple administration options along with cPanel, Plesk, and Interworx. They only have SSD storage, with disk space ranging from 40 GB to 200 GB. The major features of the hosting service provider are:
- Comes with off-server backups.
- Strong multi-level DoS protection.
- An incredible 100+ GB of SSD storage.
- Proactive site monitoring.
- Best-in-class, quick 24/7 customer support.
- Clean cPanel for easy management and access.
Pricing – The subscription plan for Liquid Web starts at $80 per month for Windows and $35 per month for Linux.
Being in the industry for more than two decades, Hostgator powers more than 2 million websites worldwide. As such, it is, obviously, one of the most reliable and powerful names you can trust when looking for VPS web hosting services.
HostGator offers a lot of features at an affordable price. All of their packages include two IP addresses along with a free domain. Moreover, they offer unmetered bandwidth and protect websites with high-end security, including centralized DDoS protection, and secured VPS firewall. Their main highlights are:
- Comes with unmetered bandwidth.
- Provides two IP addresses and a free domain.
- Offers 45-day money-back guarantee.
- Complete customization and control over your virtual server.
- Free off-site backups of your server data every week.
- Unlimited databases, email addresses, and FTP accounts.
- Ability to scale CPUs, RAM, and disk space.
- 24×7 customer support.
Pricing – Their subscription plan named “Snappy 4000” starts with $19.95 for a month.
6. A2 Hosting
The A2 Hosting is compatible with all user needs of all skill levels. Therefore, more people can avail of this hosting service as per their requirements. It allows you to choose between Linux or Windows server hosting and offers free backups, root access, and unlimited email accounts.
Moreover, A2 Hosting offers an unmatchable speed and uptime because it is backed by robust technology, such as Railgun Optimizer. It uses SSD storage only. The main features of the VPS server provider are:
- They offer both, managed and unmanaged VPS plans.
- A2 Hosting boasts about 99.9% uptime.
- Exceptional customer support.
- Anytime money-back guarantee.
- Leverages Railgun Optimizer, preconfigured server caching, and SSD storage for delivering an unmatchable speed.
- Ability to use cPanel, running on Linux OS, and allowing root-level access.
Pricing – The subscription plan from A2 Hosting for its VPS offering starts at $4.99 per month.
Extremely popular for domain registration worldwide, GoDaddy services for VPS hosting are good enough to be considered above average. They offer self-managed VPS hosting, which enables users to experience the power and flexibility at its finest.
Their self-managed plans are perfect for developers who want to test environments, database servers, resource-heavy apps, email servers, as well as for admins running multiple websites. The main features of GoDaddy are:
- Full access to the root domain with SSH keys.
- Options for scalability and a wide range of custom server configurations.
- Easy monitoring and real-time alert notifications.
- High-end security with DDoS protection.
- Option to choose your data center in North America, Asia-Pacific, and EMEA.
- Safe backups and recovery console.
Pricing – Subscription plans for VPS hosting from GoDaddy start as low as from $4.99 and the plan for the higher RAM option starts at $9.99 for a month.
InMotion VPS hosting is refreshingly different. Their plans are best suited for developers and system administrators because they come with full root access, including SSH keys, which gives you total control over customization.
It liberates users to schedule regular backups of their data to maintain the rollback point when making changes to a website or server. Moreover, InMotion has a unique feature known as “unlocked CPU cores”. Through this, users will not be restricted to one or two cores only, instead, they can proceed with the load across all cores on the server.
- Unlimited CPU cores, domains, and email accounts,
- Offers free domains with 6-12 month plans.
- You can select between managed and unmanaged hosting options.
- Comes with automatic backups.
- Provides powerful customization controls.
- You will get free backups, root access, unlimited CPU cores, and email accounts with all the plans.
- Unique unlocked CPU cores feature to make a website faster than ever.
Pricing – Currently, InMotion is offering 70% off on monthly subscriptions, which reduces the price of the plan to $17.99 per month.
Used by over 1 million websites worldwide, iPage VPS hosting is an ideal choice for those who are new to web hosting and want to get online quickly.
They offer a robust drag-and-drop page builder that is optimized for eCommerce Therefore, if you’re looking to build an eCommerce, then this is surely the best you can select.
Moreover, all iPage VPS hosting plans offer managed support, a free domain name registration for 1 year, and cPanel with root access for maximum customization. Key features of iPage are:
- A perfect choice for eCommerce website owners and newbies.
- Access to cPanel for easy customization.
- Free backups to SSL security.
- Quality, 24/7 customer support.
- Free domain name registration for a year.
- Integratable with PayPal and several other shopping carts.
Pricing – The basic VPS plan from iPage starts at $19.99 per month. The other two plans are “Business” and “Optimum,” priced at $47.99 and $79.99 per month, respectively.
InterServer allows websites to switch to VPS hosting without hurting the pocket. They offer managed and unmanaged hosting plans starting at just $6 per month.
Supporting 17 operating systems, InterServer allows a wider audience to access their VPS offerings. Moreover, you can choose between the cPanel and Webuzo control panel that comes with a full roster of scripts for managing administration. The major highlights are:
- They offer 25 free domain names.
- Supports 450+ cloud apps with easy installations.
- Full root access with 360-degree control over the operating system and cPanel.
- No fees for incoming or outgoing site transfers.
- 99.9% guaranteed uptime.
- Redirect server issues to another node automatically.
- Automatic backup for high-end safety and security.
As mentioned earlier, you can subscribe to InterServer VPS Hosting services for just $6 per month. Also, you’ll get a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Brew of the Blog
Switching to a VPS server from a dedicated server is a mandatory step if you want to serve your customers better speed and a smooth experience. Therefore, to save you from wandering to different places to choose the best VPS Hosting services, we have compiled a list of the best 10 VPS hosting services to choose from in 2022.
Choose the one that is the most suitable as per your demands and let us know in the comments section. Also, use the same to ask some questions or share your suggestions.
People are also reading:
- Best Email Hosting Services
- Security of Hosting Servers
- Free Website Hosting Service Providers
- Cheap VPS Hosting Providers
- Best Minecraft Server Hosting Services
- Different Types of Web Hosting
- How to Host Your Website?
- Best Windows Cloud Hosting Platforms
- Best Web Hosting Server
- How to Change Web Hosting Provider?