Today, every business is focusing on how they can have an excellent online presence. Having a reputed online presence is a must and provides several benefits to small and large enterprises.
As businesses understand the immense benefits of a good online presence, they are looking for a better platform to achieve this. Having the most suitable web hosting for your website is the best way to create an influential image within the market and the competition.
We have several web hosting options available in the market. Choosing the right web host provider can immensely benefit your business in the long run. Hosting your website on the web hosting server provides you with various features like excellent performance, resource availability, and high uptime.
Before getting into which hosting to choose and how web hosting works, we need to first understand our website’s business perspective. The business should have a clear understanding of the web hosting provider options. This will enable users and businesses to choose the right provider and the right plan accordingly.
The below article will help you understand web hosting; it’s working, why a business needs web hosting and its expected features.
What is Web Hosting?
Web hosting is a service that helps a business to host their website or any web-based application on the internet and to make it accessible by the users. Web host providers offer various tools, services, and resources required by your website in the long run.
Web hosting uses servers to host a website that are actually just storage spaces available on cloud or physical data centers. Web hosting providers allow you to create a domain name that users can use to search and/or access your website.
All the relevant files and information stored on the server will get loaded on the user’s system once they hit your website domain name on the browser.
You will get various web hosting options that are suitable for different business types and needs. Some of them are dedicated to your website, and some are shared with other websites on the network. You can set your expectations and choose a suitable plan, accordingly.
The right web hosting will help in decreasing the loading time of your website, increasing the uptime, and allowing you to replicate data on various servers to avoid downtime.
Features of Web Hosting
Below are some features you should expect from your web hosting provider:
Domain name registration
Most web hosting providers allow you to create unique domain names as a part of their package. Ensure that your hosting provider comes with this facility, and you can save money while making a domain name with another party other than your web hosting.
Whether you are a small or large enterprise, you must have some data that tends to be increasing with the business. For that, you need to make sure that your host provider offers enough storage to store all your files, databases, and media. Always go for the plan that is giving more space than you are required.
For any website, we need to upload files that are used by the users. If you do not have enough bandwidth, it may impact your website’s incoming traffic. So make sure that your host provider provides you enough or unlimited bandwidth. If you are opting for a limited bandwidth plan, it will cost you once the limit is over.
It defines the time for which the server is in use. To make your website available and accessible all the time, you need to make sure that your host provider guarantees maximum uptime rate. Before choosing the host, you can use various online tools to calculate the uptime to be sure.
This is one of the essential features to have. If your host provider is ensuring tech support, it will be an add-on, as their team will work on your issues and so you do not have to maintain a separate IT staff.
Database and language support
Websites have different databases and language platforms. It is essential that you look for the specified as well as other languages and database support from your host provider. If they support multiple databases and languages, it will be easy for you to migrate from one platform to another.
There may be chances that your host may also be vulnerable to data loss. The hosting provider must ensure regular data backups to keep the data consistent in case of failure.
How can my website benefit from a web hosting service?
Irrespective of your business size, small or large, you will need a web hosting provider for making an online presence for your website. Below are some benefits that a website can receive.
- You do not have to worry about having an in-house technical support team, as every issue will be taken care of by the host provider’s professional team. They will be available 24X7. As such, you can get instant help, in case anything goes wrong.
- If you are hosting your website on the cloud then in that case, you do not have to maintain the physical data centers for the servers and be supported by the host providers, instead, including the regular backup to avoid any failures.
- You do not have to worry about making your website up and running. It will all be handled by the hosting provider, and you can easily focus on what new content will go up there on your website.
- If everything is maintained and supported by the web host provider, you can focus on the more effective development of your website.
Why Do I Need Hosting?
It is a common thought of every business if hosting a website only requires a few servers, why cannot they host their own website? Well, there is no problem in doing so until or unless you are an experienced webmaster.
There are so many things that you need to take care of. Below are some reasons that you wouldn’t risk hosting your website:
- You will be solely responsible for any power outage due to any reasons as you are the one handling your website, and it may come with some consequences.
- You may encounter internet-related problems, even if you have a good quality internet connection. If you cannot upload the content to your website, it may impact your brand and customers.
- Running and maintaining servers alone is not an easy task. If you interfere with the server working, you will be distracted in creating quality for your website and vice versa, as servers are equally essential to manage. If your server breaks for any reason, it will create hours of downtime.
- Having a home internet connection will not provide you a static IP address due to its dynamic nature. The web hosting providers offer a static IP address.
The web host providers can quickly sort out the problems mentioned above. They will offer you consistent power backup, high-quality upload and download speed, a dedicated IT team for resolving issues within time, and you will get a static IP address for your website.
How Does Web Hosting Work?
Many things work together in the back-end to host a website perfectly on the internet. They are mentioned below:
- Servers – To host a website, we need servers that will store the website-related files and documents that need to be uploaded on the website. A server can be a physical system, large data centers, or cloud, depending on your business need. They need to be robust and powerful to handle your website.
- Server OS – The OS is an interface for users, applications, and the physical system.
- Web Server – It will handle the incoming user’s request. When you hit the URL, it will be translated to a request routed to the hosting system. Now, the web server will handle the request, read it, process it, and send back a suitable browser response.
Web hosting is very common and prevalent among website owners. It helps businesses create their brand image within the market and the competition. They will handle your website throughout the selected plan and span.
With a great web host provider by your side, you do not need to worry that much about the back-end support of your website. You can completely concentrate on your website content and make it more attractive and/or profitable for the end-users.
With this article, you get to learn the working of a web host provider. It is not that complicated, and it will just translate the user’s request to process it at the server end and send back what is required by the user. Yes, it’s that simple!
People are also reading:
- Best Rust Server Hosting Providers
- Free Domain Hosting
- What is File Hosting Services?
- Best Managed WordPress Hosting
- Free Minecraft Hosting
- Best Woocomerce Hosting
- What is Cloud Computing?
- How to Connect your Domain Name to Web Hosting?
- How to Change Web Hosting Provider?
- Free Web Hosting Control Panels