Discord servers are an excellent means for individuals to interact and communicate with one another. However, if the Discord server fails to fulfill your needs, you might want to leave it. However, doing so isn’t always straightforward. If you’ve been contemplating how to abandon a Discord list, we’ll take you through all the necessary steps to do so from both a computer and a smartphone. So, let’s start with this.
How to Disconnect from a Discord Server?
There are two options for you to leave a Discord registry: via the web app or the smartphone app. Both methods are effective, but the steps can vary slightly. The method would be different if you’ve created the Discord server that you wish to leave. But don’t be concerned as you can accomplish it by following just a few steps.
How to Deactivate/Leave a Discord Server You Built?
So you’ve had a lot of fun running a server but just want to shut it down. Maybe it isn’t as effective as you had hoped. Whatever the reason, you can quit and delete the server you’ve created by following these simple steps:
1. Launch the Discord server.
2. By clicking on your server in the top-left corner of the screen, you can access the drop-down menu.
3. Select “Server Settings”.
4. On the bottom-left of the page, choose “Delete Server.”
5. Confirm you just want to erase the server you created.
The server will no longer remain functional and this means that the other Discord users who have joined this server cannot use it to communicate with other users.
How to Exit a Discord Server Without Deleting the Server?
When a Discord user creates a server, they then become the owner of that server. What if you don’t want to exit the server without deleting it? Well, in such a case, what you need to do is simply hand over the control of the server to somebody else. This implies that even though you aren’t operating the server anymore, it is still accessible by others.
Here’s you can exit the server created by you using a computer:
1. Open the Discord App.
2. Select the down-arrow next to your server’s name in the top-left corner of your Discord dashboard.
3. A drop-down menu with a variety of choices will appear. Select “Server Settings” from the drop-down menu.
4. From the left-hand side menu, choose “Members.”
5. Scroll down to look for the person whom you want to be the new owner of the server.
6. Hover the cursor over their name and press the three dots that appear next to it.
7. Select “Transfer Ownership” from the menu.
Note: Consider whether or not you really wish to pass the possession of the server. It would be almost impossible to reclaim the rights to it after you’ve done so unless the other person wishes to give the ownership back to you.
How to Leave a Discord Server on a PC or Mac
The majority of Discord users log in using a PC or Mac. If you need to get off the server, follow these steps:
- Launch Discord App on your computer.
2. Go to the server you’d like to quit. The list of servers can be accessed from the upper-left side of the screen.
3. A drop-down menu will appear when you click on it.
4. Select the option “Leave Server.”
You will not be able to see the server as soon as you leave it. Furthermore, you will be unable to send or receive messages from that server.
How to Leave a Discord Server on iOS?
If you are using Discord on an iOS device, you can follow the instructions below to leave a server:
- Open the Discord app on your iOS device.
2. Select server from the menu on the left side of the screen.
3. Press the three dots in the top-right corner of the list.
4. Select “Leave Server” from the drop-down menu.
5. Confirm your action of leaving the server.
How to Leave a Discord Server on an Android Device?
The process for leaving a Discord server is almost the same whether you’re using an Android or an iOS device. You won’t have any problems following the protocol even though you switch phones. If you’re currently using Discord on Android, here’s what you need to do for leaving a server:
- On your Android device, open the Discord app.
2. Find the server that you want to leave.
3. Click on three dots beside the server’s name.
4. From the newly appeared drop-down menu, choose the option “Leave Server.”
5. Affirm your action by tapping “Leave Server.”
We learned how to leave a discord server that was made by us or someone else on various operating systems like macOS, Windows, and Android. Each operation contains various steps that are involved so that you can easily disconnect from the server. Follow the steps in the given guide to getting disconnected from a discord server.
People are also reading: