To survive this in regularly-evolving digitalization, it becomes extremely important for businesses to have an effective website. However, developing a website is not an easy task. You may need to hire a web developer and invest both your time and money to get a fully functional website created for your business.
If you want to avoid all the hassles that come with creating a website from scratch, you may need to consider using a website builder.
A website builder makes it simple and easy for you to put together a website in a relatively lesser amount of time. Also, you can skip hiring a professional developer to get your website up and running.
By using website builders, it’s quite easy to use advanced features like email marketing, eCommerce tools, etc. that would otherwise require lots of effort to build and integrate manually with a website. So, if you want to create interactive websites in a convenient and budget-friendly way, you need to check out the top 10 website builders of 2022 that we’ll be discussing in this article.
Important Factors to Consider While Choosing a Website Builder
1. Free Trial
Make sure you can use a website builder free of charge. Most vendors offer free plans (for certain constraints) to help you test out things before opting for their paid plans that usually come with an advanced set of features.
2. Customer support
Check the type of support a website builder offers to help its customers (for example phone and email support, live chat, etc.). Responsive customer support ensures that you get all the essential help from experts whenever you run into a problem regarding your website.
Choosing a website builder on the basis of pricing can be difficult as offers are at times confounding. So, it’s important that you go for a pricing plan of a website builder that suits both your budget as well as requirements.
4. Domain name
The option to connect domain names bought from somewhere else is a key trait that you should look for in a website builder. Also, a website builder should provide you the facility to buy domains for your website directly from its online portal.
5. Email accounts
In case you are creating a business website, you will need a custom email address based on your website’s domain name such as firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best Website Builder to Use in 2022
Here we have listed the best website builder which you need to know:
Shopify is a SaaS-based eCommerce web building platform that allows you to create online stores and eCommerce sites. Being a no-code platform, you can set up an alluring online store or an eCommerce website for your business without writing any code. You can pick a website template and customize the design to match it with your business’s theme.
Whenever you feel the need for an additional component to enhance your website’s functionality, you’ll likely find a relevant application or plugin among the 5,500+ options in the Shopify app store. Also, you can hire a web designer to fabricate a custom reconciliation for you since Shopify provides open APIs.
Additionally, managing a Shopify business website is a cakewalk. Its CRM system is intuitive and you have a host of store management tools to optimize routine tasks such as product catalog management, inventory management, shipping, and more. Likewise, you get a decent CMS (Content Management System) to run a blog. By and large, you have all the things you require to run a small or medium size eCommerce business.
- Optimized for Mobile commerce
- Clean editor and in-build section to publish blogs
- 1,200 integrations with different platforms
- Option for abandoned checkout recovery
- Supports multiple languages
- Create websites that are already optimized for SEO
Shopify’s basic plan starts at $29 per month. However, the website builder offers two more plans that are pricier and provide more features compared to the basic plan – the Shopify plan for $79 per month and the Advanced Shopify plan for $299 per month. Also, Shopify offers a Lite plan that costs $9 per month and allows users to add a buy button for their products on any website.
Before we begin, let’s first make it clear that WordPress.com is not the same as self-hosted WordPress.org. When it comes to WordPress, many people normally allude to the free open-source programming accessible through WordPress.org. In case you’re keen on going through WordPress.org, there’s a completely different process for it.
The WordPress.com web builder is something different. It’s quite similar to many other builders in the market but essentially focuses on creating websites for bloggers and scholars. It is quite easy to set up a blog website that has all the essential tools required for publishing and marketing blog content.
- It has the biggest community of online publishers
- Built‑in option for social sharing
- Provides in-depth analytics
- Comes with built-in sitemaps and other SEO tools for better ranking
- Allows you to easily upload media and has a mobile responsive layout
- Offers dozens of themes
- Option to buy and add custom domains
It offers a basic free plan that has limited features. The Personal plan costs $4 per month, billed annually, and includes a custom domain as well.
The Premium plan is available for $8.25 per month, billed annually, and allows you to monetize your site and use advanced design customization options.
The most expensive Business plan charges $24.92 per month, billed annually, and offers the ability to use Ecommerce and custom plugins.
Wix has emerged as a leading site builder within the past few years. Today, it is among the biggest players in the market and hosts a whopping 160 million websites. They offer an easy-to-use layout combined with a robust set of features to easily build your website.
Moreover, Wix offers a wide range of website themes and templates that are suitable for small businesses, online stores, restaurants, photographers, etc. Also, websites built with Wix are optimized for mobile devices for better reach and allows you to add more features with the help of plugins and apps available in the Wix App Market.
- Comes with a drag-and-drop interface. You can add or move any element within the website to customize its design
- Allows you to create online stores that compatible with high-end SEO
- Offers 250+ solutions to meet the varying need of professionals as well as businesses
- Tailored with a huge list of unique features
To start, you’ll get a limited free plan with a branded subdomain. You have to pay $9.16/month to get a custom domain connected with your website.
The Wix plan that costs around $14.95 per month will offer you a free domain name. The eCommerce plan for online stores costs $26.25 per month.
With more than 50 million websites built till now, Weebly is considered to be one of the best website builders in the market. It offers an easy-to-use website editor through which you can build a large site (around 25 to 30 pages) that has powerful online store capabilities.
The best part is that it is a 360-degree web hosting platform that saves users from the hassle of installing and managing software essential for running a website. Moreover, Weebly offers tons of website designs to get started easily and can be edited using Weebly’s live page editor.
- Offers responsive themes that are compatible with all the devices and screen sizes
- Their app center contains a wide variety of apps to boost the functionality of websites
- If you are a team, then you can leverage the team management option, which will provide website edit access to multiple users
- Comes with built-in support for eCommerce
- Each Weebly site is tailored with pre-built contact forms, photo galleries, sliders, and more.
You either opt for their free plan or switch to the paid plans that start from $8 per month and are billed annually. For better functionality, you can choose the Pro plan for $12 per month or the business plan that costs $25 per month.
BigCommerce is considerably a go-to choice for creating large-scale online stores that have a wide range of products. However, the interface of its site builder may not be as simple compared to many other website builders but after spending some time using it, you’ll get comfortable.
It is tailored with all the required features that’ll help your online business grow and become more successful. To get started, you can opt for their website templates that can be easily customized to match your needs with the help of a drag & drop editor.
- Offers 12 free website templates
- Supports integration with PayPal and many other popular payment gateways
- Option to make your website search engine optimization (SEO) friendly and also offers automatic image optimization
- BigCommerce websites can integrate with several email marketing services
- Option to tweak CSS and HTML of the website
Apart from a 15-day free trial, their basic plan costs $29.95 per month. However, you can opt for their more powerful plan that costs $79.95 per month that comes with additional features. To get all the advanced features offered by BigCommerce, you will have to buy their top-of-the-line plan that is available for $249.95 per month.
Best known for its custom domain and web hosting services, BigDaddy also stands among the list of top website builders. They offer an easy-to-use and straightforward online website builder.
With GoDaddy, you can create a professional-looking website with all of its pre-loaded tools. The ready-to-use blocks offered by the website builder can be placed easily using its simple drag and drop interface thus allowing you to create different layouts for your website with ease.
- The intuitive user interface makes it ideal to use for beginners who have little to no experience of working with a website builder
- Allows you to develop website faster
- You can store up to 250,000 files (inodes) for all files combined.
- Easy to manage heavy website traffic even with the cheapest plan.
- Comes with an integrated photo library containing professional images from Getty Images that you can use on your website
Its Basic plan costs $5.99/month and the Business plan for $9.99/month. The Plus plan is available for $14.99/month and offers plenty of advanced features. All of the GoDaddy website builder plans are billed annually.
Squarespace is a beautifully designed platform that is best suited if you want to create websites quickly. It allows users to drag and drop items on the website to create customized layouts in minutes. It is an efficient website builder for creating blogging websites, online portfolios, and online stores.
Moreover, they offer 100+ flexible templates that are fully responsive to mobile devices. However, despite the improvements pushed through the recent updates, using this website builder is complex compared to other leading website builders.
- Comes with an enterprise-level infrastructure for website hosting
- Offers more than 100 professional themes and templates that are mobile-friendly
- The process of adding and managing website content is simple
- Best suited for creating blogging-centric websites
- Offers instant 24*7 customer support
- eCommerce plan provides an intuitive interface for product and inventory management, orders, coupon discounts, etc.
Having a simple website on Squarespace will cost you $12 and $18 per month. Whereas, the pricing for the online stores starts from $26 and $40 per month.
Zyro is a powerful and affordable website builder that is designed specifically for users with zero coding skills. It is a flexible eCommerce website builder with an impressive range of tools and offers affordable pricing plans.
It comes with an easy-to-use drag & drop website builder tool and provides website hosting. Zyro is also among the cheapest website builders available in the market. So, if you have a tight budget, you can consider this website builder as a suitable option for you.
- No need to manually set up and add SSL to your website
- You can create websites that are fully responsive on different types of devices
- Comes with a variety of ready-to-use website templates to get started easily
- Integration with Unsplash gives you access to millions of professional images
- Offers free logo and sticker makers
Their base plan starts at $1.89 per month while the plan with free domain starts at $3.09 per month.
For building an eCommerce website, the base plan costs $8.99 per month and restricts you to add only 100 products. However, they have an eCommerce plus plan that costs $14.99 per month and supports unlimited products.
Gator is a popular website builder that is owned by one of the largest web hosting providers in the world – HostGator. They use smart technology and offer automation tools to help you narrow down the choices of templates and colors to use for creating your website.
Since it is a fully hosted platform, therefore users don’t have to get perplexed regarding the software installation, updates, and backups. Moreover, the process of editing gets extremely simple with a point-and-click interface. Users can also drag and drop frequently-used items like images, videos, photo galleries, text, columns, contact forms, etc.
- It is a fully-hosted platform
- Allows you to easily build websites and choose from 200+ website designs and templates
- Provides a wide range of customization options with drag-and-drop features
- Allows you to build an in-stock photo library
- All of its paid plans come with a free custom domain name
Offering extremely budget-friendly packages, Gator’s base plan costs $3.84 per month and the Premium plans costs $5.99 per month. However, for building an eCommerce website, one has to opt for its eCommerce plan, which costs $9.22 per month.
As compared to other website builders, Duda is quite small with around 15 million websites built using it. However, the best part is that they only focus on a specific market segment – media agencies and web designers.
It caters to users with a powerful and easy-to-use interface and a number of differentiated offerings, making it a good option to make an online presence. It is best known because of its multi-language support and a free eCommerce add-on through which you can sell up to 10 products.
- Comes with a responsive user interface along with social media integration
- Option to have a website for free through which products can be sold
- Offers web store tools and powerful site-traffic analysis
- Comes with a wide range of apps and widgets
- Comes with easy mobile-site optimization
The pricing starts at $14 per month for the basic plan. It also offers a Team plan with extra functionalities for $22 per month. However, the Agency plan is the most expensive plan that costs $74 per month.
The blog is a rundown of the best website builders available in the market in 2022. Hopefully, you’ve got a better insight into these builders so that you can use them to create an ideal website for your business. It is a good idea to try out different website builders to get acquainted with their features and get a real feel working with each one before choosing one for yourself.