Finding a good domain name is as essential as running the operations of a business. It carries the name of your business or brand and works as the digital address that helps your customers, users, or followers find you. Finding a domain name is easy when you know the purpose of your website. Generally, choosing a good domain name depends on whether your website is a business website, a blog, an educational site, or an eCommerce website.
The first thing that you need to do is to identify the niche of your website and then decide on a catchy yet relevant domain name. If you already have a business and you are building a website only to expand your reach, you can skip the above step as your business is likely to have a name and all you want is to choose it as your website’s domain name. However, if that’s not the case, you must know what your niche is and the following section will help you with that.
How to Find Your Niche?
It is an answer to the question of what you are good at and whether you are looking forward to transforming it into a career option for you. In this era of the internet, people are making some great bucks by finding their niche, learning the dos and don’ts of the internet, and starting earning with their skills and talent. If you also have been thinking about using the internet to showcase your skills and earn money on the way, you must know what your niche is. You can find your niche with the following steps:
- Learn about your passion. Identify what you are best at and make you happy. Suppose you are good at making different arts with paper mesh or you can use recyclable goods to make art pieces, then you can choose it as your profession and even start showcasing and selling your artwork online.
- Check out the market for your niche. See if it’s possible to sell your products/ services online or not. You need to perform a detailed analysis here.
- Now, you must narrow down your options and see what you do the best of all the things that you can do. For example, if your passion is playing music, identify the instrument that you are highly skilled at.
- You must learn about your competitors as well. If there are none, then you can conclude that such a market is not existing.
- It is time to test your niche. You must figure out if your website idea will work. Make a landing page and try to bring more and more traffic to it. It will facilitate understanding the scope and future of your niche. If it’s successful, it’s time to find a professional domain name.
10 Best Domain Name Registrars to Find a Domain Name in 2022
Now that you have decided your niche and need a domain name, you can visit any of the following domain registrars to find and get a domain name for your website.
Domain.com provides quality services and products at the best prices. After serving more than 1.7 million domains and websites, they pride themselves as one of the biggest players in the market. Apart from domain name registration, they are also popular for their other services like web hosting, email hosting, web design services, etc.
- Your domain name gets ICANN accreditation.
- You can easily transfer your domain name to another registrar.
- Long Contract Period; up to five-year contract timeframe.
- The support team is ready to help you 24*7 via email, live chat, or phone. They also have a detailed knowledge base which is very helpful.
Website – https://www.domain.com/
As the name says, it is one of the cheapest domain name registrars out there. This is also the main reason why it has approx. 10 million domain names registered with it, and the number is ever increasing. Additionally, it offers all the essential services you need alongside getting a domain name for your website.
Namecheap offers services like web hosting, email hosting, WordPress hosting, security services, collaboration with third-party applications, and much more. You can easily navigate through their website to access their products and services and also their most affordable plan starts at only $8.88 with the lowest 2nd-year renewal price of $10.98.
- If you know what you want, you can find a domain name quickly.
- A simple checkout process.
- Free privacy protection.
- Very limited upsells.
- It has excellent customer support, which serves you 24*7.
Website – https://www.namecheap.com/domains/
You must have already heard this name. It has the crown on its head of being the largest domain registrar among all the players. With 60 million domains under its roof, this ICANN accredited registrar is a trusted service provider that offers other services if you need them, like web hosting, web designing, WordPress Hosting, email hosting, security services, etc.
Its most popular plans are:
- Starter Plan with a one-page website and full domain privacy at $2.50/month.
- Essentials Plan bundle with a multi-page website, full domain privacy, professional email, SEO tools, etc. at $9.50/month.
- Ecommerce Plan bundle with an online store, full domain privacy, professional email, SEO tools, etc. at $20/month.
- It provides complete privacy protection by replacing your contact information on the public domain database.
- You can choose a domain extension based on your niche, such as education, health, real estate, etc.
- It also offers a professional email attached to your domain.
- It leverages a domain lock service to block any unauthorized transfers.
- It ensures high-quality customer support services.
Website – https://in.godaddy.com/domains/
From its launch in 2003, Name.com has provided domain names to almost 2 million websites. They also provide other services like WordPress Hosting, web hosting, website builders, Google Workspace, etc. Its easy-to-use website interface and services that ensure high transparency have made it stand apart from the other registrars. Also, the domain registrar’s collaboration with different NPOs is making a difference in the world.
- ICANN accreditation
- Most suitable domain names at effective prices.
- Detailed knowledge base to help you guide through its products and services.
Website – https://www.name.com/aboutus
5. Google Domains
It is a slightly new product in Google’s portfolio, but it is not one you can overlook. It looks like the other registrars but its features make it a little different. Its services are starting at just $12, and the plus point is that their renewal fee is the same as the initial registration fee.
- It provides WHOIS privacy at no additional cost.
- It charges you for what it actually costs. No upsells and surprise prices at checkout.
- It has collaborated with the best website builders in the industry.
- You can attach your domain name to your G suite at only $6 per user per month.
Website – https://domains.google.com/registrar
Whenever you talk about the best domain name registrars, Hover will always be on the list. It does not offer you domains that it thinks best, but it finds one for you based on your requirements. It looks up what can be the best recommendation for your business. Many people even prefer it over GoDaddy all thanks to their quality products and services.
Its top-level domains (TLDs) start at $12.99. They will register your domain straightforward without taking up your time with upsells or advertisements.
- A single fee for everything you want and nothing extra for any other services that you don’t need.
- Hover’s website has a simple user interface with no ads and no popups to disrupt your experience.
- It doesn’t have 24/7 customer support, but the no transfer and no hold policy will help you solve your problem quickly.
- It follows a no-spam policy.
- Hover has a “Domain Valet Service”, which makes domain transfers easy.
Website – https://www.hover.com/
With over 6.5 million domain names registered, Enom.com is a popular entity among domain name registrars. Since 2017, it belongs to Tucows. Now, it also offers email hosting, anti-malware services, SSL services, email hosting, etc.
Starting with $13.95, it is not the cheapest domain name registrar in the market, but its reputation and quality service help it stand out from the crowd.
- Straightforward pricing plans with no hidden costs.
- It has 24/7 customer support.
- Renewal prices are the same as initial prices.
- You only need to pay extra for the WHOIS privacy and SSL certificate if you need them.
Website – https://www.enom.com/
It is a popular name in the registrar industry. Bluehost not only offers quality domain name services but also WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, etc. Its domain name prices start at $12.99. If you are planning to buy hosting for your website, you will be amazed to know that Bluehost provides a free domain name with any of its hosting plans.
Tucows is the second biggest registrar in the world and Bluehost uses its services to register the domain names.
- An easy-to-use interface allows you to manage multiple domains and all other Bluehost products and services with ease.
- You can enable auto-renewal so that you don’t lose ownership of your domain if you forget to renew it.
- Bluehost offers 24*7 call and chat support to its customers.
- ICANN accreditation.
Website – https://www.bluehost.com/
If you want a cheap domain name, Namesilo.com is one of the best options for you. It has been providing its services since 2003 and has over 3 million active domains under its roof. It is one of the fastest emerging domain name registrars and apart from the services like web hosting, DNS, premium SSL, website building, it is also planning to launch WordPress hosting and email hosting soon.
The domain names are available at a starting price of $8.99 and Namesilo.com offers the same renewal prices for .org and .com extensions. At this price, you get the following add-ons for free with a .com extension:
- WHOIS privacy
- Email forwarding
- DNS management
- Domain defender Protection
- Custom WHOIS privacy
Website – https://www.namesilo.com/
It is one of the oldest players and an established domain registrar company that has ICANN accreditation. Though it is one of the cheapest domain name registrars, you will not find a complete list of TLDs on its domain page. The domain options are varied, but the only problem is a lack of transparency when it comes to pricing.
- ICANN accredited domain name.
- Excellent customer support
- Cheap prices
Website – https://www.register.com/register-domain-names
You can find a domain name easily from these best domain registrars. Find your niche, decide on a good name, and buy it quickly. For more information on related topics, stay connected.