Then premium internet security software may be a better fit for you if you’re trying to find an antivirus that offers high-end protection for your computer from malware. There are hundreds of internet security software that will offer protection from viruses. The following post will discuss the top Internet security software in 2021, narrowed down and reviewed.
Importance of Internet Security
Today everything is online; computers, laptops, and smartphones have become a part of our lives. Hence, it is important to have the best internet security, which will help keep our identities, documents, and passwords safe from theft and misuse..
Internet access also leads to a number of fraudulent activities, such as stealing files and passwords from computers. We are more prone to becoming victims of frauds since we do everything online, unless we take the necessary steps to protect our computers from viruses and hacks.
It is surprising how many people fail to get internet security software. It is easy to think that computers are invisible, but once you start logging on to the internet with your computer, you can be the next victim of a cyber attack.
Some of the ways to secure your devices and data are;
- Buy good internet security software, a program that will immediately remove viruses.
- Not to click on any malicious websites while you are browsing the internet.
- Conduct regular virus scans on your computer to detect damages that might compromise your computer and security.
What is internet security software?
Many internet security software are being introduced in the market every day. They offer a comprehensive range of protection for your online devices. While basic virus protection is always the main feature, the add-ons might include ransomware protection, a VPN, and a password manager.
The internet security software protects your desktop, laptop, Android, and iPhone smartphones. Since the software protects multiple devices, you can protect all your gadgets ranging from desktops to smartphones, with one easy plan.
Some software also offers rescue disk features that allow you to roll back any existing attack and encryption software for added security protection. This software also offers additional privacy features like a firewall as well.
Many antivirus software offers protection against “viruses,” but viruses are not the only malware. This is the reason why many internet security software includes an antivirus engine along with other cybersecurity protections like:
- Anti-phishing is used to block dangerous websites from stealing your information.
- Anti-spyware is used for protecting your private data from leaking on the web.
- Anti-ransomware is used for stopping ransomware from locking up for the devices.
- Firewall is used for monitoring and blocking unwanted and suspicious network traffic.
- Password manager is used for creating and storing strong passwords online.
- VPN is used for browsing the web anonymously.
- Parental Control is used to restrict your children from accessing unsuitable content.
Security software varies in quality of protection, usefulness of add-ons, and overall value.
How to Find the Right Internet Security Software
Since there are many internet security software available in the market, you need to choose the right one. Here in this section, we have mentioned some of the factors you need to keep in mind while choosing your internet security software.
- Malware protection: You need to choose software that can protect your system against known and emerging threats in real-time: viruses, trojans, spyware, ransomware, and much more.
- Internet security features: Internet security software has many extra features that are not always useful. Choose the software that offers the services you are looking for like parental control, password manager, VPN, and more.
- Easy to use: You need to make sure the software you choose is easy to use. In simple words, check for the number of steps to download, open, and use the application. You also need to check how easy it is to troubleshoot and customize each feature. Look for software that offers in-app features and extensive customer support.
- Value: Choose the internet security software based on factors like the add-ons they offer, devices they cover, the free trials, or money-back guarantees they offer.
Ten Best Internet Security Software in 2022
- Norton 360 Deluxe- Best internet security software in 2022
- Bitdefender Premium security- Best for tech-savvy users
- TotalAV Total Security- Best internet security for beginners
- McAfee Total Protection- Best for Wi-Fi network protection
- BullGuard Premium Protection- Best for gamers
- Avira Prime- Fast virus scans and protected browsing
- Panda Dome Complete- Engaging user interface and effective security add-ons.
- Kaspersky Total Security- Best for online shoppers.
- Malwarebytes Premium- Simple and effective security with a strong antivirus engine.
- Intego Mac Premium Bundle X9- Best internet security suite for Mac.
1. Norton 360 Deluxe- Best internet security software in 2022
Norton 360 Deluxe is one of the best antivirus engines available in the market. Norton scored 100% detection rates in all the tests by combining malware databases with AI and machine learning.
Norton is everyone’s favorite because it offers complete protection, has an excellent malware scanner, and has other easy-to-use internet security features.
All the Norton 360 packages include
- A firewall that blocks all the dangerous incoming and outgoing internet traffic.
- Password managers that generate and store complex and important passwords.
- PC SafeCam makes sure no one can access your PC’s webcam.
- A dark web monitor notifies you when your private and sensitive data ends up on the dark web.
- Cloud backup that allows you to store up to 50 GB of data.
- VPN offers secure connections in over 30 countries.
Norton 360 offers two internet security plans:
Norton 360 Standard that covers one device and offers 10 GB of cloud storage.
Norton 360 Deluxe covers five devices and comes with 50 GB cloud storage, parental control with app and website supervision, time limits, location tracking, and much more.
Norton 360 is THE best internet security suitable for both individuals and businesses. The best part is that you don’t need to be an expert to use these features. In addition, rest easy knowing your system is completely protected from any online threats.
2. Bitdefender Premium Security- Best for tech-savvy users
Bitdefender Premium Security offers the strongest internet security packages in the market with extra add-ons like a password manager, webcam, microphone protection, parental control, and a VPN.
Bitdefender’s internet security software is very advanced because it uses a sophisticated cloud-based scanner. It offers lightweight scanning without slowing down your computer.
It also offers multi-layered protection against ransomware and prevents all unauthorized access to personal files. It starts securely backing them up if there are any suspicious activities.
The password manager and parental control are very effective—the password manager auto-fills all the logins and lead forms. Additionally, the parental control limits device usage, filters content, monitors the application, and allows location tracking.
Bitdefender’s VPN services are decent and are powered by Hotspot Shield. However, there is a daily limit of 200 MB. As part of their premium plans, they offer many VPNs with unlimited data.
Bitdefender is one of the easiest and attractive internet security software that offers tons of customization options. If you are looking for advanced protection and many additional high-performance add-on tools, then Bitdefender will never disappoint you.
3. TotalAV Total Security- Best internet security for beginners
TotalAV’s Total Security offers the most advanced internet security suite provided by TotalAV. Although it is an advanced application, it is very simple to understand and easy to use.
TotalAV offers an excellent antivirus engine that detects 100% of the malware and offers many online security tools, including a safe browsing extension, a firewall, anti-phishing protection, an ad blocker, and a VPN with unlimited data.
TotalAV’s VPN is an excellent product that performs well compared with other stand-alone VPNs. It allows you to stream geo-restricted content and download torrents from servers across the world with zero slowdowns.
As compared to other browser extensions like Chrome and Firefox, anti-phishing browser extensions block more phishing websites.
One added advantage is that TotalAV offers identity theft protection for users in the US, Canada, and many parts of Europe, while Norton and McAfee offer theft protection only for its US users.
However, it comes with a drawback is that it does not have any add-ons compared to Norton and McAfee, like parental control and encrypted storage.
To conclude, if you are looking for a simple, beginner-friendly internet security software you can install and forget about, TotalAV Total Security is the best option.
4. McAfee Total Protection- Best for Wi-Fi network protection
McAfee Total Protection is a well-known internet security software package and has everything you need to build and maintain strong online security in 2021.
For beginners, McAfee’s real-time antivirus has a 100% virus detection rate against all the malware. It also offers some great features.
McAfee’s Total Protection Plan includes:
- Home network security protects your WiFi network from different types of cyberattacks. McAfee’s home network security feature allows you to have full control over all the devices connected to your WiFi, and offers firewall protection against all malware attacks.
- Safe Web allows you to browse safely and blocks dangerous and suspicious websites.
- VPN allows you to connect to 22 countries and comes with unlimited data without affecting the browsing speed.
- File encryption that secures all your sensitive files behind the 256-bit AES encryption.
- File shredder that permanently deletes files.
McAfee’s multi-device plan offers protection to 5 devices, and the Family plan offers protection to 10 devices. These plans come with identity theft protection, credit monitoring, SSN tracking, and identity restoration insurance.
One drawback of McAffee is the password manager. There is only a limited version of the True Key available with McAffee. However, McAfee is very budget-friendly even after getting another password manager. It is a good value for the money you pay.
5. BullGuard Premium Protection- Best for gamers
BullGuard premium protection is another excellent internet security package that comes with a detection rate against malware testing. It uses machine learning to help detect the latest and most advanced online threats.
BullGuard is as feature-rich as its competitors like Norton and Bitdefender. The BullGuard premium packages include essential tools like Game Booster that help to increase frame rate and load time while playing a game. If you are a gamer, you need to get BullGuard.
BullGuard Premium Protection offers add-ons like parental controls, a firewall, anti-phishing protection, identity theft protection, and cloud backup.
The biggest disadvantage of BullGuard is that it does not include some features like a password manager and a VPN. However, you can purchase the VPN separately at checkout.
But considering the Game Booster and identity theft protection tools, BullGuard premium protection is the best for the gamer in you..
6. Avira Prime- Fast virus scans and protected browsing
Avira Prime is known for the best antivirus engines. Since it runs entirely on the cloud, it is fast, lightweight, and does not lag or slow down.
Avira’s antivirus engine identifies all the malware on the computer, and the real-time protection feature blocks all the malware files.
In comparison with the competition, Avira’s internet security software provides an excellent and safe shopping browser extension that identifies and blocks more phishing websites. This extension is very useful as it blocks browser tracking, preventing the companies from tracking your online activity, and retargeting ads based on your browsing activity. Additionally, this extension also finds the best shopping deals online.
Avira also offers an amazing VPN that is secure, fast, and very easy to use. It allows you to access the geo-restricted streaming platforms, and the best part is it barely affects the internet speed while watching videos, even in high-definition.
Avira Prime is the best internet security software and covers 5 devices across all operating systems.
7. Panda Dome Complete- Engaging user interface and effective security add-ons.
Panda Dome Complete is a good malware scanner that offers an easy-to-use interface and some better add-ons compared to other competitors. It uses artificial intelligence that protects devices from all types of malware.
Panda Dome’s main feature is the Rescue Kit, allowing users to save infected PCs via a USB stick. Panda Dome also offers an effective, user-friendly password manager, file encrypter, and file shredder that locks and deletes sensitive files.
However, not all add-ons are good. The other add-ons like web protection, parental control, and virtual keyboard are too basic and need some improvements.
Panda Dome offers five different plans ranging from real-time protection for Windows to Panda Dome Premium plan that offers unlimited VPN.
8. Kaspersky Total Security- Best for online shoppers.
Kaspersky Total Security is known for the best antivirus scanner and also offers additional internet security features like VPN, parental controls, password manager, webcam protection, and a secure internet browser for online financial management.
Kaspersky’s safe money feature detects the purchases you make and automatically opens a new browser that analyses all the security risks, blocks spam pop-ups and trackers.
Kaspersky’s parental control comes with many powerful features, including setting up safe searches on YouTube, monitoring your child’s activity on social media platforms, blocking games and other entertainment applications that are not suitable for your kids.
Additionally, the password manager and VPN are also really good. The VPN is limited to 200 MB each day and allows you to connect to only one server.
Kaspersky’s Total Security plan allows you to connect up to 10 devices and can be a little costly than other internet security software compared to Norton and McAfee but worth its price.
9. Malwarebytes Premium- Simple and effective security with a strong antivirus engine.
Malwarebytes Premium is an easy-to-use internet security suite for users who are looking for malware and web protection. Malwarebyte’s antivirus engine uses artificial intelligence to block malware in real-time.
Malwarebytes detects all the malware but it flags more false positives compared with other internet security softwares.
Malwarebytes also offers a browser extension that prevents phishing attacks, blocks sites with malware, and helps to remove ads. Malwarebytes claims that this extension speeds up your web browsing, but sometimes there is no increase in the browsing speed.
Malwarebytes Premium lacks some of the features provided by other software like Norton, McAfee, and Bitdefender. However, it is a very simple and affordable internet security software that offers security to up to 10 devices.
10. Intego Mac Premium Bundle X9– Best internet security software for Mac users.
Intego’s Premium Bundle X9 is the best Mac internet security software available in the market. Intego offers a real-time malware protection that blocks all the Mac-specific malware.
Intego’s features include firewall, anti-phishing protection, device optimization tool, parental controls, and file backup.
The Intego’s smart firewall automatically adjusts settings based on the network traffic. The anti-phishing detector also blocks all the suspicious sites in search engines like Safari.
Due to the large amount of sensitive and valuable data and information we store online and the fact that more hackers are targeting unprotected accounts, internet security is becoming increasingly important.
There is a growing number of hackers on the internet and most of them use malwares and engineering techniques to access the financial information, online logins, and browsing data of the user. Therefore, it becomes really important to get internet security software for yourself.
Here in this blog, we discussed the ten best internet security softwares available online. If you are wondering which one to choose, here we have shortlisted 5 best internet security suites.
- Norton 360 Deluxe- #1 internet security software suitable for all devices and operating systems.
- Bitdefender premium security- Offers the best internet security package with many additional security tools.
- TotalAV total security- The interface is very beginner-friendly.
- McAfee Total Protection- Excellent antivirus with the best internet security tools.
- BullGuard Premium Protection- Good antivirus with online protection built for gamers.
Bonus: Intego Mac Premium Bundle X9- Best internet security software for Mac users.
People are also reading: