VPN or better known as virtual private networks is a category of network software that enables users to send or share their data over public networks. The feature is such that one feels that the users are connected with a private network.
This makes it very difficult for hackers to get access to your personal information and helps the users to maintain utmost privacy online. A VPN also encrypts the web traffic and hides the IP addresses from different Internet Service Providers.
Not all VPNs will allow torrenting. Hence, you must know about the VPNs that allow torrenting. There are so many options, and choosing among them is a strenuous task in its own right. To make your task easy, the 10 best ones for torrenting are listed as follows:
10 Best VPNs for Torrenting
Specializes in securing the privacy of the users – individuals and organizations – while surfing the internet and thus do not keep track of the activities of the clients.
VPN.Surf offers 2 kinds of services: Personal VPN and Business VPN. Both come with a 7-day trial offer. The Personal VPN service ensures that the users stay safe regardless of the place they are.
The Business VPN service, on the other hand, keeps your business protected when your employees are surfing the internet. Torrenting is available. The VPN software has been developed for macOS and Windows.
- Unrestricted access to surf the internet without any restrictions.
- The identity and location of the users are hidden from people who might monitor your activities online.
- Helps to access the different streaming sites and social media even while traveling.
- Offers services from more than 15 locations.
- Connectivity issues.
- Works slowly.
- Too many ads/promotions.
NordVPN provides the user with not one but two encryption methods. The use of this double encryption means that the web servers have to pass through multiple servers to hide the main IP address. This advanced security feature provides maximum protection to the users.
The VPN service is developed for all the major operating systems i.e. Linux, Windows, and macOS, but is also available on Android and iOS devices and even for Android TV. Manual setup is also available for wireless routers, NAS devices, and several other platforms.
Recently, NordVPN upgraded its server speed from 1 Gbps to 10 Gbps for delivering faster browsing speed to its users.
- With double encryption, the VPN encrypts the traffic twice. This means that the user’s original ID is protected through several layers of security and privacy.
- 6 connections are given with each subscription. This saves a lot of money for the user. To make things even better, it can be connected to the router and all devices connected will be considered as a single device.
- No logging of web activity, IP addresses, downloaded files, or servers. Thus, the company does not keep track of user web activity and IP address. No record is kept detailing websites visited, files downloaded, or even data transferred.
- Ability to stream content on Netflix.
- No split tunneling.
- The customer service is not up to the mark
- Uses the same IP address for everything.
- Unreliable kill switch in the iOS iteration.
This VPN service is ideal for those individuals who travel a lot. ExpressVPN allows users to watch their favorite shows or films even when moving across borders. It lets you bypass restrictions and censorship that is imposed in different countries.
One of the best things about ExpressVPN is that a single subscription allows you to use it on different devices, like smartphones, tablets, routers, and even on the computer. The live chat and email facilities ensure swift customer support. The 30-day moneyback guarantee assures you quality and safe browsing.
- Split tunneling allows accessing the internet securely through public or private networks. For instance, one can check their favorite show privately while surfing important news sites via the public network and using ExpressVPN. This helps one to lower their bandwidth when connected to the web and increase their speeds.
- Servers are available in more than 148 countries. Hence, you can travel to any country in the world and you will be able to get their server. This ensures faster internet speed.
- Kill switch feature is a network lock feature that protects the user when the internet goes down. It automatically shuts down the websites that the user has been using. This increases privacy and the feature protects the same. This is required during torrenting when needed that no one will be able to see what is being downloaded.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- Not cheap.
- Slow speed on macOS devices
- Customer care service unavailable over the phone.
Although available on many platforms, CyberGhost is best-suited for Macbook users. They get the best speeds using this VPN. With CyberGhost, you will be able to unlock different websites and stream content without any limitations. This is also a great VPN service to use when you’re on the go. It ensures that you can stream and bypass geo-restrictions easily.
The CyberGhost VPN ensures that your privacy is protected on all devices. It has a great level of security and anonymity via its no-logs policy. The privacy of the user is protected across different apps and devices. The military-grade AES 256-bit encryption technique ensures you get robust privacy and security.
- Delivers great speeds for Macbooks, works the best on Macbook Air.
- 24-hour free trial and a money-back guarantee of 45 days. Most other VPN services offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Superb customer care.
- Not falls under the jurisdictions of any member of FVEY, Nine Eyes, and 14 Eyes.
- One has to select the server and protocol manually each time they use it.
- No split tunneling.
- Works slow on Windows systems.
- No manual option to turn off the kill switch feature.
- The payment options are limited.
Surfshark VPN ensures that you are protected from online threats like hacking, theft of identity, malware and phishing, ad manipulation, ISP tracking, and discrimination of prices.
The VPN provider falls under the jurisdiction of the British Virgin Islands. In this country, the no-logs policy is strictly followed, which means the same is enforced on Surfshark too.
Surfshark is among the few VPNs that conducted an independent security audit and found no security issues. Hence, users can use this VPN to protect their online activities efficiently.
- Pocket-friendly pricing. This is one of the most affordable VPNs as you can get internet protection and great privacy starting at just $2.49 per month. This price is also for their 2-year subscription package.
- Have a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Offers split tunneling.
- Allows unlimited connections with each subscription. Other VPNs limit the number of subscriptions but Surfshark VPN doesn’t. That means unlimited connections.
- Multiple streaming options. You can watch your favorite shows on HBO, BBC, Netflix, Hulu, and others.
- Slow speeds.
- Uses static IP addresses
- No browser extension is available for Safari.
- The kill switch needs manual setup on Windows.
6. Private Internet Access
Private Internet Access has the largest network in the world and provides great speeds and robust encryptions. They have been proven as one of the best no-log VPN services globally. It also helps to block trackers, malware, and ads.
Whether a user is browsing or streaming any content, this VPN will provide unrestricted access with high anonymity. With Private Internet Access, you can unlock any content in any geographic location. You can use it on 10 devices at the same time.
- Access to Netflix.
- Allocates dynamic IP addresses. This means that the user gets different IP addresses whenever they are connected to this VPN. It makes it hard to track the web activity of a person using Private Internet Access.
- Works fast on Windows Vivobook.
- Does not track IP addresses or web activity.
- Has multiple VPN gateways.
- Split tunneling unavailable.
- Works slow on Macbooks
- Sub-par customer service.
HMA VPN provides servers that operate at fast speeds of 20 Gbps. Hence, the user will be able to surf the internet at a faster speed than most other VPNs currently available in the market.
The VPN servers of HMA are located in 290 locations, spread across more than 190 countries. This is many more than server locations offered by the other VPN providers.
A highlighting feature of this VPN is that it secures public Wi-Fi too. So you can easily do online banking even when you are connected to a public Wi-Fi connection.
- 900 servers available.
- Provides unlimited bandwidth with a high level of encryption.
- Users can easily connect to public hotspots and WiFi without losing privacy.
- A single subscription of HMA can enable you to protect up to 5 devices.
- Available for Windows, iOS, Android, Linux, macOS, and other platforms.
- One of the fastest VPNs available in the market.
- One can connect to the fastest server available with just a single click using smart algorithms.
- Smart kill switch available.
- Slow speeds can hamper downloading files via torrenting.
- Supports torrenting on 5 server locations only, namely Frankfurt, Prague, London, New York, and Amsterdam.
This VPN has a zero-logs policy and hence they do not keep track of your online activities. UltraVPN leverages OpenVPN that is the most secure protocol and AES-256, which is the most secure encryption standard. Hence, leakage of data with this VPN is not possible.
UltraVPN can be used to access even those sites that have been restricted by ISP or by the government of a country. Hence, the sites that you otherwise would not have been able to access can be easily accessed with this VPN.
The VPN software also provides web browser extensions that provide the same level of security on all platforms. It has extensions for Firefox, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge.
- Customer support service available 24×7.
- One can stream Netflix, HBO, and Hulu in high definition.
- No trace of browsing history is left behind.
- Bypasses restrictions and censorship on content and gives one unlimited access to music, video, downloads, etc.
- Servers in 55 countries.
- The annual price is half to that of NordVPN and ExpressVPN.
- One can access any site at any time and at anywhere. You can get access to geo-restricted sites, bypass censorship and access great websites even while traveling.
- Collects the original IP address of the user.
- It only offers three simultaneous connections at one time.
9. Hotspot Shield
Hotspot Shield has military-grade encryption and hence your surfing data on the internet will stay protected and secure. This is very useful as most users are scared of hackers misusing their personal data.
One amazing aspect of Hotspot Shield is that it works silently in the background and does not disrupt your work. It also does not slow down the device that you are using. You can secure up to 5 devices with a single subscription. Hotspot Shield delivers great value for money.
- 45-day trial period.
- No IP address of the user is leaked.
- One can connect securely to more than 80 countries.
- One can do unlimited and anonymous P2P/torrenting.
- Very fast speeds.
- 24×7 customer care support.
- Real-time malware protection is available.
- Hotspot Shield does not use its own DNS se
- The speed of web surfing is lower than the average speed of other VPNs.
StrongVPN has no speed limits. They can browse the internet at a fast speed and without compromising on their security.
The customer support services provided by StrongVPN are quick, precise, and awesome. They have experienced professionals extremely efficient at handling client problems. With StrongVPN, you can get up to 12 connections at any time.
- Try it for free for 30 days.
- Unlimited and anonymous P2P/torrenting.
- One can securely connect to more than 35 countries worldwide.
- Offers satisfactory and quick customer service
- Supports the WireGuard protocol.
- Very slow speed on most servers.
- Outdated user interface.
- Price is high when compared to the services provided.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Should I always use a VPN for torrenting?
Answer: It is highly recommended that you use a VPN for torrenting. A VPN service encrypts the IP address and also prevents your Internet Service Provider from monitoring your internet activities. If you do not use a VPN during torrenting, the Internet Service Provider will be able to see your online activity.
Question: Which one is the best?
Answer: NordVPN is ideal for general users. ExpressVPN, on the other hand, is ideal for privacy seekers. It has amazing unblocking features.
These are 10 of the best VPNs for torrenting that you can choose from as per your individual needs and requirements. Each VPN has its own benefits and drawbacks. So list down what you need and what you don’t before choosing one.
Don’t agree with our list? What are your favorite VPNs? Let us know via comments!