Markus “Notch” Persson created Minecraft, which is a sandbox video game. Mojang Studios designed the game and it was officially released in 2011. Following its release, the game became an instant success, selling over 200 million copies across all platforms. It has a monthly active user base of over 126 million individuals. The game is now regarded as the all-time best-seller.
In this article, we will be discussing how you can update Minecraft on different devices. So, let’s start.
Minecraft: Java Edition (PC/Mac) – How to Update
- The Minecraft launcher can be used to update the game.
- The launcher can immediately pull up the game’s most recent release or update.
- If not, click the right-hand arrow next to the play button.
- The update should begin after you select “Latest Release.”
Minecraft: iOS/Android – How to Update
- Open the Android App Store or Google Play on your iOS or Android smartphone.
- In the app store, look for Minecraft.
- If the phone already has a Minecraft game install, you will be able to see the update button, if there’s an update available.
- If your phone already has the latest Minecraft version, simply click “Open” to begin playing.
Minecraft: XBOX – How to Update
- Navigate to the “My Apps & Games” area.
- Select the Minecraft app and then tap the “more choices” tab.
- Then select Manage game & add-ons, followed by Updates.
- The latest patches should be available here if the game has not been updated.
- If no updates are available, it means the game has already been updated to the latest version.
Minecraft: PlayStation – How to Update
- The PS4 version of Minecraft is normally updated automatically.
- If your PS4 is configured to not download game updates automatically, use the options button to pick the game and then select ‘check for update’ from the pop-up menu.
Minecraft: Nintendo – How to Update
- To get the update on a Nintendo Switch, simply start the Minecraft game.
- A warning appears as soon as the app launches, indicating that the game needs to be updated.
- Then, in this browser, select update.
- You will be forwarded to a website from where the Minecraft game update can be downloaded. You can even visit the shop to update Minecraft.
With a monthly active user base of over 126 million people, Minecraft sandbox is regarded as an all-time best seller in the industry. In the following guide, we saw how on different OS and editions we can update our gaming sandbox and be up to date with the latest information and editions.
People are also reading: